The sheer number of Starbucks locations around the world has somewhat diminished the excitement you might feel upon entering the powerhouse coffee chain. But we’ve rounded up the top 10 Starbucks locations that will make you re-think the meaning of “the Starbucks experience.” Not only do these concept stores manage to incorporate cutting edge designs, but they’ve also shown us just how far the brand has come since opening its first store in 1971 in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. Now, 23,000 locations and a couple coffee trucks later, we’ve narrowed it down to the top locations you coffee-lovers must add onto your bucket list.

1. ‘The Bank Vault,’ Amsterdam, Netherlands

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of news.starbucks.com

Like the name suggests, this Starbucks location is actually located inside Amsterdam’s landmark building, ‘The Bank.’ In its entirety, the 1,400 square foot bank vault is the first of its kind—combining simple dutch aesthetics with a twist of modern functional innovation.

2. Tukwila, WA

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of news.starbucks.com

Opened in 2012, this drive-thru location is built out of 4 shipping containers. The environmentally friendly concept store has been designed to LEED green building standards that also helps to minimize water consumption. Next time you’re driving through Tukwila, make sure to stop by and check out this Starbucks before grabbing your regular and hit the road.

3. New Orleans, LA

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of news.starbucks.com

Located in the historic French Quarter, this location’s historical theme is inspired by 20th century Louisiana merchants.  Inside the store you can find vintage photographs adorning the walls as well as paintings by local artists of the evolution of coffee beans. All in all, the atmosphere is warm, cozy and irresistibly inviting that you can’t resist sitting in the store for an hour or two longer than you originally planned.

4. Fukuoka, Japan

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of news.starbucks.com

Minimal yet traditional, architect Kengo Kuma has transformed this small space into a must-see spot for both locals and foreigners. The store’s design is meant to convey the tranquility one might find inside a traditional Japanese garden. Kuma’s motive in using wooden frames structured in a matrix-like formation throughout the store’s interior symbolizes how wood blocks are recyclable. He explained, “you can dismantle the building and reassemble it somewhere else.”

5. Mexico City, Mexico

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of news.starbucks.com

Following suit of its commitment to being green, this iconic store boasts a relaxing outdoor space suitable for study groups, lunch breaks and afternoon pick-me-ups alike. The store’s interior is made from recycled construction materials and marks Starbuck’s 360th location in the country.

6. Mumbai, India

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of starbucks.in

As the flagship store in India, nothing short of grandeur is acceptable. The location itself alludes to the iconic brand’s dedication to maintaining culture and heritage as part of décor. Situated in the historic Elphinstone Building in Horniman Circle, the spectacular venue stocks Western favorites along with locally popular foods ranging from Murg Tikka Panini to the Tandoori Paneer Roll.

7. Bangkok, Thailand

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of skyscrapercity.com

Known for its blazing heat, Bangkok’s 2-story building has been converted into the latest LEED store for Starbucks. A first drive-thru location for Thailand, the site caters to a busy metropolitan crowd whilst helping customers stay refreshed.

8. Geneva Airport to St.Gallen, Switzerland 

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of news.starbucks.com

In one of its most unique experiences yet, Starbucks has partnered with SBB to launch the first of its kind—the Starbucks train. Now, you get to enjoy the complete Starbucks experience with iconic menu items on your journey from Geneva Airport to St. Gallen. Inside, baristas will serve passengers behind a wooden bar that compliments the rest of the wooden-inspired interior. In addition to this, the upstairs level includes built-in table service technology to ensure that your trip runs efficiently and smoothly.

9. ‘The Starboxer,’ San Diego, CA

Starbucks

Photo courtesy of navydads.com

Yes. It’s real. Though not a complete Starbucks location in full, the company partnered with naval forces to bring aboard the best coffee experience. The assault ship, USS Boxer, had its ‘Starboxer’ grand opening in February of last year. Starbucks provided training staff to teach crewmembers how to operate the machines like professionals so they wouldn’t be missing anything offshore. Click here to watch a more detailed video of the incredible initiative.

10. Prague Castle, Czech Republic

Starbucks

Photo by Emily Liu

Imagine drinking coffee and looking out at a view like this. Exactly. Starbucks has done it again, and this location is as unique as it is deeply ingrained with historical roots. Located next to the Prague Castle, the site provides outdoor seating to enable customers to receive the full Starbucks heritage store experience while providing a breathtaking view.

Want more Starbucks? Check out these links: