If you left Athens this summer, you may have noticed the on-going construction around campus and left wondering what was going on.

Earlier in March, the Niche 2.0 cut the ribbon and opened students to a variety of gourmet pizza and homemade sodas. After the Red & Black exposed details of the food revamp, we realized that it was only the beginning of UGA’s own extreme food makeover.

Photo by Mollie Simon

Here’s a look at the new, on-campus food options that’s changing how the big dawgs eat:

The New Bulldog Café and Tate Café

Photo by Alexandra Jubault

The Tate Student Center is the perfect place to grab a quick bite between classes, because it’s right across the Zell Miller Learning Center. It’s here, at the Bulldog Café, where Panda Express and an expanded Chick-fil-A Express will join the Niche 2.0, replacing the Bulldog Grill and Arch Deli.

The new Chick-fil-A will feature more menu items that we Georgians hold dear, such as the Spicy Chicken and of course, the milkshakes.

UGA

Photo courtesy of @pandaexpressuae on Instagram

Now that students have access to Panda Express, right around the corner in Tate Café, Hotei’s Asian Grill will be replaced by a gourmet burger joint. Named Bulldog Burgers, their patties are nestled between two Luna Buns from Athens’ own Luna Baking Co.

Photo courtesy of Luna Baking Co. on Facebook

And worry not, guacaholics, Barberitos shall remain.

UGA’s Coffee Game Just Got Stronger

Photo by Paige Rodgers

Personally, I’m pumped about the new Starbucks on Tate’s third floor (while also dreading the long lines). Those living more on the South or East sides of campus won’t have to bus or hike (damn those Athens hills) all the way to Broad for their Frappucino fix.

UGA

Photo courtesy of @kris_eats_world on Instagram

Come fall, closer to South Campus, students can also enjoy a cup from Einstein Bros. Bagels or Caribou Coffee in the new Science Library.

Including Athens-famous Jittery Joe’s, that’s at least four different places to get your coffee pick-me-up on campus.

The Endless Beverage Options Continue

Photo by Vernell Dunams

If coffee isn’t your preferred source of caffeine, Coca-Cola Freestyle machines will be scattered all throughout campus, where students will have the choice of up to 100 flavors.

The Mystery Machine

UGA

Photo by Samantha Fehd

The food truck craze has finally reached Athens, and now there will be one roving around campus. It’s been rumored as to what the mystery machine may be, while we anxiously await confirmation. As of now, all we know is that it will feature Mexican-style food.

Students will be able to track it down using the power of social media. My guess is Twitter or Facebook, or maybe “swipe right for más tacos.”

The Bulldogs Get Bougie

UGA

Photo courtesy of @aubonpainusa on Instagram

Remember that giant crane waving across Bolton? Well, the Terry College of Business is in the works of building Amos Hall. Expected to open in 2017, Amos will include an Au Bon Pain bakery café.

Originated in Boston, with a Georgia location in Atlanta, Au Bon Pain sells classics likes cookies and muffins, as well as some unique items like Kouign Amann. And let’s face it, you’ll want a sweet treat after that accounting exam.

How Can You Get in on the Action?

Many newbies, including the renovated Bulldog Café, are predicted to open this fall. Au Bon Pain’s opening should be the latest, so seniors graduating next May shouldn’t miss out.

As an added bonus, all of these locations will accept PawPoints, which is great news for those of you without meal plan.