We smell an aroma of romance brewing over a cup of coffee and classic desserts.

#StarbucksDate

Photo by Russell Escalada

This February 13, 2015, Starbucks introduced the world’s largest #StarbucksDate: a day for all those singles to mingle. Could this be a potential new holiday to compete with Valentine’s Day? This day allows those without significant others to celebrate their single relationship status by enjoying a casual date of coffee and dessert.

#StarbucksDate

Photo by Russell Escalada

While Valentine’s Day is meant to celebrate love and relationships, Starbucks Date celebrates the potential of creating meaningful connections worldwide and of every kind—whether that connection is romantic or just platonic is up to you to decide.

#StarbucksDate

Photo by Russell Escalada

However, here at Spoon University, what we care most about is the food. The Starbucks Date menu pairings include:

1. Caffe Verona Coffee Press for two and a Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie
  2. Tall Flat White and Chocolate Croissant
  3. Grande Raspberry Mocha or Grande White Chocolate Mocha and Heart Cookie

All three combinations are offered at the flat price of $10. Let me emphasize that again. For just $10, Starbucks offers two specialty drinks and a dessert to share with your potential partner. To make your first coffee date a bit more memorable, Starbucks also offers photo ops with props to remember the big or small moments of your life.

#StarbucksDate

Photo by Russell Escalada

Go on a Starbucks Date and perhaps you won’t be spending your Valentine’s Day alone anymore.