With Austin being considered a huge “foodie” city, it is no surprise that Pinkberry, one of the world’s leading frozen yogurt retailers, has made its mark in town. The Westlake location opened last spring, but I only recently got wind of this news when Pinkberry generously donated some goodies to our Spoon launch party. My recent visit to the store was like a reunion with a long lost friend; I first fell in love with this froyo joint years ago in LA and have been waiting patiently for a shop to pop up in Texas ever since.

Photo by Gabby Phi

What sets Pinkberry apart from all of the other frozen yogurt stores is that it strives to provide only the highest quality products for its customers. The yogurt is handcrafted from nonfat milk and real ingredients, making for the most genuine tasting froyo I’ve ever indulged in. Flavors range from a tart coconut and a creamy chocolate-hazelnut to a unique green tea, depending on what’s in season. All toppings are entirely free of high fructose corn syrup, trans fat and hydrogenated oils, so you know you’re getting the best of the best. Pinkberry has even expanded their yogurt offerings by including smoothies, shakes and greek yogurt bowls on their menu.

Photo by Gabby Phi

Despite the large selection available, I refuse to order anything but the frozen yogurt. This might be the case because the original tart flavor is reminiscent of my mom’s homemade Vietnamese yogurt. But where else can you get silky-smooth, flavorful yet light frozen yogurt with the freshest toppings? Oh and did I mention toppings are unlimited as long as they fit in the cup? Yep, that’s right. There’s a reason why Pinkberry is my go-to place for a froyo fix.

Photo by Gabby Phi

cheap

Location: 3300 Bee Caves Rd, West Lake Hills, TX 78746
Hours of Operation: Sun-Thurs: 11am to 10pm, Fri-Sat: 11am to 11pm