Ahh yes, October. 'Tis the season of pumpkin spice everything, finding fun-sized candy-bar wrappers in every corner of your backpack, and of course, the annual opportunity to get a cheap-ass burrito at Chipotle.

The annual Halloween event, endearingly known as the “Boo-rito” promotion, has historically given customers who wear costumes to a Chipotle location a chance at sweet dinner deal.

Becky Hughes

The earliest Boo-rito days required patrons to dress as an actual burrito in exchange for a free meal, but guidelines loosened over the years, and each year has a different price point and purpose.

Xinwei Zeng

This year, burrito hopefuls must arrive at any Chipotle location after 3:00pm wearing a costume. They can then select a burrito, burrito bowl, salad, or tacos for just $3.

Chipotle has also pledged that all proceeds up to $1 million from the Boo-rito event will go to their charity, the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, which supports sustainable farm practices and food literacy, so you can feel like a real philanthropist while guac drips down your chin and onto your penguin costume.