Beware chocolate addicts of TO, Cacao 70, Montreal’s most popular chocolate chain has just descended in Toronto. Based in the heart of Toronto’s historic distillery district, this chocolate paradise made it just in time for the annual Christmas Market, making sure that your Christmas holiday will be #chocolatewasted.

Chocolate

Photo by Liyan Cai

From their signature chocolate sourced from around the world, this cozy cafe also offers a diverse menu from brunch to the classic crepes and waffles, and to the 21st century dessert pizza. If you are looking for an unique food experience with friends (or a chocolate sweetheart), then Cacao 70 will be one hell of a thriller. Oh, and did I mention all their foods are insta-worthy?

Here are some of our favourites from our #foodtrip. Leggo.

1. Hot Chocolate

Chocolate

Photo by Liyan Cai

The chocolate selection takes you on an adventure to 3 different continents around the globe. From the hardcore, in-your-face 76% pure Equator to tingling bitterness of 40.5% Ghana, and finally to “chocolate wannabe” 31% white chocolate French cream –  you will surely find your chocolate balance on both ends of the spectrum.

2. Strawberry Cheesecake Crepe

Chocolate

Photo by Liyan Cai

Too much chocolate? One of the manager’s favourites, this hidden gem may sound ordinary but tastes extraordinary. The massive crepe ties the knot between the fragrant sweet strawberry to the tart creamy cheesecake crumble in a perfect harmonious ceremony accompanied by ice cream, berry sauce, and melted chocolate.

By the way, we ordered seconds.

3. Sharing Sharing For Two Or More

Chocolate

Photo by Liyan Cai

Because the best things in life are meant to be shared.

4. Banana Split Waffle

Chocolate

Photo by Liyan Cai

Included in the Sharing sharing for two option, this item combines our favourite things about banana splits and waffles: sweet and creamy ice cream, crunchy caramelized banana, and soft, warm banana infused waffles. It will satisfy any sweet tooth cravings. Time to hit the gym.

5. Triple Chocolate Pizza

Chocolate

Photo by Liyan Cai

Pizza in the 21st century just took on a whole new level. Also included in the Sharing sharing for two option, the triple C is made from a sweet pizza dough topped with dark, white, and melted chocolate before being baked into a drooling perfection. Need I say more? Anything that has chocolate, more chocolate, and even more chocolate is a good choice.

6. Roast Beef Crepe Sandwich

Chocolate

Photo by Liyan Cai

If you are looking for something savory but equally delicious, don’t pass on the this crepe sandwich filled with mushroom, roast beef, and loaded with cheddar cheese. This definitely makes for a light and healthy lunch suited to beat the winter chills.

Our Final Words?

So if you are looking for a nice holiday trip close to home, we definitely recommend visiting the chocolate wonderland of Cacao 70. Bring your loved ones, your sweet tooth, and your camera. Don’t forget to hashtag #spoonuniversity and #spoonguelph to show us how you get #chocolatewasted.

Chocolate

Photo by Liyan Cai