The masterminds at Ben & Jerry’s have discussed creating a new flavor to honor their fellow Vermonter Bernie Sanders, and it’s just perfect. In fact, we reimagined all the presidential candidates as food.

Named “Bernie’s Yearning,” the new flavor is mint ice cream enclosed by a hard chocolate shell on top. According to co-founder Ben Cohen, the disc of chocolate represents 90 percent of the wealth that has been stuck with the top 10 percent of Americans over the last 10 years.

Gif courtesy of boingboing.net

The greatest part, though, is how to eat the tub. Cohen explained to MSNBC, “You take your spoon and you whack that big chocolate disc into little pieces and mix it around,” he said, implying the spreading of the wealth throughout minty society. That’s some metaphorical sh*t, B&N.

bernie sanders

Photo courtesy of thestreet.com

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely that the flavor will ever hit shelves. Although Cohen is the co-founder, his creative jurisdiction was taken away after Ben & Jerry’s was acquired by Unilever. That’s ok, Sanders – we still feel the Bern. Ice cream isn’t the only soft food Bernie can chow down on, though.