Do you ever feel that two things are just meant to be eaten together? These combinations truly complement each other and create a balance unlike any other.

These ten food pairings match perfectly with one another. Once you try them as a pair, and put that first bite in your mouth, you will never want to try one without the other. These combinations are soul mates, and I see no divorce in their future.

Bacon, Egg and Cheese

Gimme dat breakfast bagel. ?PC: @dbarth25

A photo posted by Spoon University (@spoonuniversity) on

The combination of bacon, egg and cheese was first discovered after the civil war. Bacon, eggs and cheese were all eaten together beforehand, but breakfast sandwiches were American pioneers’ favorite thing to munch on when expanding west.

This trio also allows for switching things up, there are so many different types of cheeses to choose from. And don’t forget about the bread choice (bread is important). Add this combo on top of a bagel and life is complete.

Milk and Cookies

We'd take this kind of milk before bed. #goodnight #spoonfeed ?PC: @foodwithmichel ? cookie shots via @thedirtycookieoc

Milk and cookies first came about with the invention of refrigeration. Everyone has that childhood memory of them dipping Oreos or a warm chocolate chip cookie into an ice cold glass of milk, and know that the best things in life go together like cookies and milk.

Chocolate and Peanut Butter

Excessive…but we love it. #spoonfeed ?PC: @mdoughw

When you think of food pairings, this is definitely one of the first ones to come to mind. This combination came about in 1917 in Pennsylvania when Harry Burnett Reese started working for the Hershey factory to support his family. After his success at the factory, he began to sell his own confections, including a treat with this combination as the star. We love you, Harry Burnett Reese.

Caramel and Sea Salt

Sweet, salty and sensational #GODIVA #Chocolate #Caramel

A photo posted by GODIVA (@godiva) on

This combo was discovered after Häagen-Dazs came out with a sea salt and caramel flavored ice cream in 2008. Since then, the combination has become the “it” thing.

You will no longer find caramel by itself, sea salt will always be there. The classic salty and sweet snack perfectly complement one another, since caramel is known to be overly sweet.

Coffee and Donuts

DD tip: Iced coffee doubles as a donut holder. ?☕️

A photo posted by dunkindonuts (@dunkindonuts) on

Who wouldn’t love a sugary, delicate and delicious donut with a big cup of joe to tackle the day ahead? This magical pair was discovered in 1948. Once donuts were considered a breakfast food, people started eating coffee and donuts together. It’s no wonder Dunkin’ Donuts is a staple for your breakfast needs.

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Few things are more comforting then a big bowl of creamy mashed potatoes covered in rich gravy. Mashed potatoes with gravy have been seen at dinner tables since the 18th century. It started from a competition on ways to make potatoes better.

The gravy poured all over the top adds a special flavor to those warm, smashed potatoes. It moistens the potatoes and makes them even more mouthwatering.

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Grilled cheese + homemade tomato soup = the perfect way to cure the Monday blues |#BucknellDining #Bostwick #TheCaf

A photo posted by Bucknell Dining (@bucknelldining) on

On a cold fall day, nothing sounds better than snuggling in a blanket with a warm bowl of tomato soup and an oozy grilled cheese by its side. This combination is so classic that people refuse to eat one without the other.

This combination is one of the best in history. This combination started because the ingredients were very inexpensive. Thank God someone decided to grill cheese in the 1920s… Easily the first basic b*tch.

Bagels and Lox

Bagel with cream cheese, lox, onions, and capers? Credit: @kitchenbirdmuir #newforkcity

A photo posted by New Fork City℠ (@new_fork_city) on

Being from New York, this is a staple (I mean, it did originate there); however, how they found each other is still a mystery. Every sane household’s Sunday morning brunch usually includes this combination.

It’s often an open faced bagel, smothered with cream cheese, lox, sliced red onions and capers. Taking that first bite of the crunchy bagel, the creamy cream cheese and then those tangy toppings is truly a one of a kind experience.

Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil

Unconfirmed, but we think caprese may come from Capri…someone with stronger wifi check ✔️#spoonfeed

C’mon, who doesn’t love a good caprese salad? This combination is a must in Italian cooking. They represent the colors of the flag after all, and was discovered in the island of Capri.

The tomato and the basil add a freshness to the rich and creamy mozzarella cheese, balancing the different flavors and textures. Add this combo to a pizza crust, and you have a margherita pizza.

Chips and Guacamole

Sun's out, guac's out.

A photo posted by Chipotle (@chipotlemexicangrill) on

The bond between this game day delicacy is unbreakable. There is something about that crunch from the tortilla chips and the creaminess of guac that instantly makes you happy, and we have Mexico to thank for that.

Guacamole is a healthy fat and filled with vitamins (feel free to not go to the gym today). Man, those Aztecs really helped out an entire population of snackers across the world.