For a lucky few, Mexican cuisine draws up memories of handmade dinners carefully and painstakingly prepared by a loving grandmother, mother or other loving family member. For the rest of us, Mexican food means store-bought tortillas, heated dubiously and unevenly in the microwave for Taco Tuesday.

These rubbery wraps are basically just a means of attempting to transport the good stuff—the filling—into our face holes, until we inevitably give up and just go to Chipotle.

tortillas

Photo courtesy of foodbeast.com

Never fear, disgruntled tortilla consumers. The flatev is here to rid you of all your tortilla-related woes. It’s the newest member of the revolutionary instant kitchen appliances family, and it works like this:

Step One: Choose a pod.

Step Two: Insert pod in the flatev and press the shiny silver button.

Step Three: Clean up the mess that occurs after your brain explodes from the fact that, in the span of seconds, this machine has basically pooped out a fresh, hot corn tortilla as tasty as your abuelita‘s.

tortillas

Photo courtesy of flatev

Like a Keurig, all you have to do is insert a pod and press a button; unlike the K-Cups, however, flatev pods contain a little ball of corn tortilla dough. The pods come in a variety of flavors, like chili cheese or honey.

Every dough-ball is gluten-free, GMO-free and loaded with healthy fibers, minerals, vitamins and all-natural oils. Plus, the flatev is easy to clean and efficient enough for even the most intense burrito craving.

tortillas

Photo by Christine Urso

So let the flatev cater your next Mexican food feast, and give your sweet abuelita and/or flustered Chipotle server the break he or she deserves.

Check out more ways to take your Taco Tuesday to the next level: