If you live in Austin, you know that planning a trip to Franklin Barbecue is an all day ordeal. They don’t open until 11 am, but if you’re not there by 8 am, chances are you’re not getting any of that sweet, sweet brisket. People bring lawn chairs, coolers, and board games to keep them occupied during their seemingly interminable wait. Some were so desperate for it, they paid a “line waiter” to stand in line for them, but Franklin’s quickly shut this down, claiming it was unfair to their faithful customers.

However, when Kanye West came to Austin, he thought his 21 Grammy’s would give him access to cut in front of everyone else. But Franklin’s was like:

Kanye West

General manager Benjamin Jacob told the New York Times that “Kanye West wanted to cut the line, but we didn’t let him. Everybody’s equal.” Turns out the only way you’re gonna cut in line is if you’re the President of the United States, and even then, Aaron Franklin felt weird about allowing it.

Kanye West

We’re unsure if Kanye actually went to the back and waited, but chances are he went to one of these Austin favorites instead. Looks like he better get that #Kanye2020 campaign started to get “official” cutting rights. Until then, he’ll have to wait in line like the rest of us.

Kanye West