After becoming mummified in the layers of inebriation from Hallo-week, the quad looks more like “The Walking Dead” than a college campus and we all know how hard it is to shake off the zombie-like state. Hungover students are everywhere and you need a remedy, stat. Here is a tribute to the hangovers that no water and Ibuprofen combination can kill, and in the spirit of fall, these cures and concoctions will certainly fit in with your autumn festivities.

The Black Mary

Meet the cousin of the Bloody Mary. Warning: this legendary drink is only for the bravest of hungover souls. After brewing your morning cup of coffee with tonic water instead of regular water, use orange juice in replace of cream and drip honey instead of sugar into your cup of joe. The Black Mary is a combination of all of the popular post-party fixes: coffee, carbonation and fruit juice (oh my!). If your Halloween hasn’t been spooky enough, the Black Mary is worth a shot.

Photo by Molly Krohe

Peppermint Tea

This is the option for the coffee-haters. While the hangover-alien baby that you feel growing inside of you churns and toils your stomach, run for your favorite mug and grab some peppermint tea. Peppermint is a digestive aid that will help calm your nausea and speed up detoxification. By relieving the tensions inside your stomach, you’ll feel less bloated and at least contemplate the idea of getting out of bed.

Apples & Oatmeal

Waking up and remembering that college isn’t just an excuse for drinking is rough, especially with midterm season falling upon us. It has been shown that hungover college students who ate oatmeal, full of slowly digestible carbs, performed better on memory tests and had better moods than students who ate simple sugars and greasy foods. If you are running late to class (hey, at least you’re going), grab an apple. Apples are known to re-energize you but can also be replaced with bananas to replenish your body with the potassium lost from the night before.

Photo by Kristen Yang

Pickle Juice

I know what you’re thinking, but just plug your nose and do it because this is one of the best, most popular hangover cures. The vinegar, water and sodium super combo is the ultimate hangover pick me up, curing dehydration and boosting energy. And if you are feeling really adventurous add some honey, not only to sweeten up the salty concoction but also to restore blood glucose levels.

Photo by Molly Krohe