Dear Emoji Creators,

You exceeded our expectations with your long overdue implementation of racially diverse emojis. We applaud the way you never fail to heed to the suggestions of your many constituents, which is why we think you can do even more to please.

We can all attest to a time when we rummaged through our emojis, hoping a certain food icon would magically appear. Gods of the smart phone, hear our pleas for these currently nonexistent food emojis:

Taco

emojis

Photo courtesy of openclipart.org

The exclusion of Mexican cuisine in the emoji pool is no bueno. Help stop our thumbs from shaking when we are trying to foodstagram our Chipotle.

Waffles

emojis

Photo courtesy of openclipart.org

Again with the disregard for breakfast staples. We may just leave this fight up to Leslie Knope. Pancakes also a possibility.

Bacon

emojis

Photo courtesy of openclipart.org

Substituting the pig emoji for bacon is just saddening. Bacon is an animal of its own. The star of breakfast should not be neglected.

Starbucks cup

emojis

Photo courtesy of openclipart.org

If putting the Starbucks logo on there is a conflict of interest (is a green straw too much to ask?), a simple coffee to go cup emoji will make white girls across the nation rejoice.

Cupcake

emojis

Photo courtesy of openclipart.org

Cakes and cupcakes are distinct food groups. We shouldn’t have to settle for using the cake emoji when we’re really eating its baby cousin. This girl would have really appreciated a cupcake emoji.

Beer Can

emojis

Photo courtesy of openclipart.org

We appreciate the clinking beer steins, but us college students are strangers to such luxury. We thirst for an alcoholic emoji that reflects our budget. We wouldn’t hate it if you added a beer can and/or its partner in crime, a red solo cup, to the emoji collection.

Please take these suggestions into consideration. You created the universal language that is the emoji, we’re just here to help make it better. And tastier.

Sincerely,

Foodie Smart Phone Users Everywhere