2015 is over and although we’re flooded with tons of posts describing what an amazing year it was, we cannot help but think that while it was indeed amazing, a new year is here now.

It is time to look forward. A new year means new experiences, new lessons, new memories  and while most of us are busy making new year resolutions and promises, this year, we at Spoon have complied a list of things that all foodies HAVE to try in 2016.

Let this be the year where you’re inspired to live but most importantly, let this be the year you have fun.

1. Discover a new cuisine with your friends.

bucket list

Photo by Aakanksha Joshi

Experimenting and discovering is all the rage, doing that with friends is double the fun. We tried Thai cuisines, and take it from us, we’d love to try more.

2. Have gummy mini-burgers for dessert

bucket list

Gif courtesy of allizzon.tumblr.com

Because gummy bears are so 2015. Try gummy mini-burgers as dessert. If peanut butter and chocolate-stuffed burger can survive, gummy burgers can thrive.

3. Make reservations for your parents at your favourite restaurant

bucket list

Photo courtesy of hollywire.com

Yep, that’s right. We’re asking you to show your parents how much you’ve explored as a foodie and then gift them a reservation. To say the obvious, they’ll be touched.

4. Order a dish that costs as much as matches the last three digits of your phone number

bucket list

Now this might take a while. But what’s a bucket list without a little challenge thrown up, ain’t it?

#SpoonTip: If you need to insert a decimal point, we understand.

5. Participate in a food treasure hunt

bucket list

Photo courtesy of spoon_d from Instagram

These don’t come every day, but we’re here to help. We brought Spoon Scouts: A foodie treasure hunt back in October and if you missed it, well, you missed it. Follow us on facebook to know when we hold the next edition.

6. Order pizza in the middle of nowhere

bucket list

Photo by Nilakshi Basumatary

We’re not trying to take a dig at the pizza delivery guy, but he better be in a good mood when we do.

7. Watch sunrise on a winter morning while drinking hot cocoa

bucket list

Photo by Rachael Hsu

Think romanticism. Think escapism. Think gooey hot cocoa. Make some like this.

8. Order the chef’s special at a random restaurant

bucket list

Gif courtesy of pixarratatouille.tumblr.com

Because there’s nothing like the unpredictable.

9. Perfect a hangover cure

bucket list

Gif courtesy of eonline.com

Getting drunk and getting late to lectures regularly? We do need this on our list. Try these hangover cures to get you started.

10. Recreate the F.R.I.E.N.D.S style milkshake picture with the gang

bucket list

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

This. is. everything. #SquadGoals

11. Have Mexican lassi

bucket list

Only after you’re done saying, “Whaaaa?”

12. Eat your favourite celebrity’s favourite dish

bucket list

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

The hunt of finding out your favorite celebrity’s favorite dish should make it worth eating. A fun fact: your favorite celebrities like their food as much as you do.

13. Have a vodka martini shaken, not stirred

bucket list

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Ala James Bond.

14. Attend a bake sale

bucket list

Photo by Mehak Dhawan

For the (cup)cake, duh.

15. Have lunch on a highway

bucket list

Photo by Tarunima Kumar

For, you know, when we feel daring.

16. Indulge in gol gappa shots

bucket list

Photo by Paavani Jain

These round, crisp flour/semolina balls with potatoes stuffing and pudina-flavoured water have always been a favorite street snack and the object of several eat-off competitions. Looks like things just took an interesting turn.

17. Challenge a friend to a dumplings eat off

bucket list

Photo by Teodora Maftei

Gulping one after the other, sounds fun, doesn’t it?

18. Try fried Oreos

bucket list

Photo by Mehak Dhawan

Maybe even deep fried. We just hope this version doesn’t ruin Oreos for us forever, or ruin us for Oreos. We’re counting on our Texas chapter to tell us if Oreos taste better fried.

19. Have a butter chicken burger

bucket list

Photo by Kelly Redfield

We like our burgers in all the possible ways that it can be made. Two of our favorite foods combined and we are all in for a butter chicken burger or butter chicken pasta.

20. Have a dinner alone at a 5-star restaurant

bucket list

Gif courtesy of thatloudmouth.wordpress.com

Why? Because you can. And because a table for two is just too cliche.

21. Find the best rum cake in your city

bucket list

Photo by Hayden Carder

It will take some research, but would be worth it from step one. Here’s some inspiration.

22. Have roasted corn after the first monsoon rain

bucket list

Photo by Mehak Dhawan

Amid the smell of wet mud in the rains, nothing cheers us up like steaming roasted corn. And, definitely a better bet than the fried samosas (that we tend to veer towards when it rains) among other foods you should avoid in the monsoon.

23. Eat a tri-color dish on Independence Day

bucket list

Photo by Gabby Phi

Basically, eat a dish of the colors of your country’s flag on Independence Day. Patriotism in all its flavors, literally.

24. Go vegan for three days

bucket list

Photo by Katherine Baker

This is going to be difficult. But we’re here to help. First off, here are things every vegan should know. If you need some reasons to convince you, we’ve still got your back. And, some dose of inspiration always helps, so here is a list of vegan Instagram accounts you can follow.

Keep us posted on how much you achieve from your bucket list by using #Spoonbucketlist. Need all your bucket list items in one place? Don’t worry, we got you.

bucket list

Photo by Kritika Narula