This Sunday is National Ice Cream Day, and that means it's the best day of the year. I know that everyone has their own ice cream preferences, but I much prefer soft-serve to hard scoops in these hot summer months. It's truly a challenge to keep up with the melting ice cream, but I wear those sticky hands with pride throughout the summer. 

McDonald's is obviously the king of soft serve, and they are making this National Ice Cream Day even sweeter with the Golden Arches promotion. Here's everything you need to know about the contest that could get you free ice cream for the rest of your life. 

The Shining Golden Arches Cone

Between 2-5 pm on Sunday, one customer that orders a Vanilla soft serve cone will be given the "Golden Arches Cone," which grants that lucky individual free soft serve FOR LIFE. 

It's also no risk to enter this challenge, because if you order the cone on the McDonald's mobile app (downloading it now), it's free on National Ice Cream Day. So, basically you're getting free ice cream in the hopes that it'll get you more free ice cream. This is almost too good to be true, but it's real. 

That Swirl, Though

In May, McDonald's announced that all of their vanilla soft serve is made free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. The chocolate and strawberry syrup are also rid of high fructose corn syrup, and this is a big deal. Darci Forrest, a McDonald's rep, stated that the new health update shows "McDonald's [commitment to] serving delicious food that our customers can feel good about eating."

So basically, there is no excuse to not eat this soft-serve. If you want free ice cream, head over to McDonald's on Sunday for National Ice Cream Day. Best case scenario — that McDonald's Soft Serve will be free for the rest of your freaking life.