Beating the summer time sadness includes staying hydrated; it’s even better when the fluids you guzzle are both delectable and healthy.

This summer, to tackle the fury of the scorching sun and pesky loo, try flavours of the yore with Paper Boat.

Paper Boat

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

The Hector Beverages owned Paper Boat is the brainchild of Neeraj Kakkar, who, after a failed hunt for Aam Panna across the city, decided to purvey these old, ethnic flavours in a new avatar. And old flavours in a new avatar it is. The attractive and intelligent packaging plays the true tubthumper of the simplicity and delightfulness of the drinks; it is a creation of the design agency, Elephant.

Paper Boat

Photo courtesy youtube.in

But why the name Paper Boat? Their website says that the name reminds you of the days gone by. While at the same time, makes you realize that those days could come back with an act as simple as folding paper or sipping on a drink you once had on a summer vacation.

Certain relishes that have been a slice of the Indian culture for numerous years, have now entered the esoteric territory with busier schedules. But no longer do we need to trouble our grandmas, or forage for our favourite traditional drinks anywhere. For taking a swig means plucking a Paper Boat.

Paper Boat

Photo courtesy of youtube.in

The brand’s new ad campaign, ‘Drinks and Memories‘ strikes the right chord with its familiar Malgudi Days soundtrack. And the striking narratives penned by Gulzar for product-specific TVCs blend reminiscence with deliciousness.

Apart from being the tastiest heat combatants, the drinks have anti-oxidant and pro-digestive properties. The brand claims that no artificial flavours and preservatives are used in the drinks; they use natural and nature-identical flavours that have the same chemical composition as fruits and give you the closest there is to the real thing.

Many ingredients have anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and skin clearing properties, apart from being great sources of essential minerals.

Here are some flavours that you must try:

Paper Boat

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

•  Aamras: A tropical Indian drink that consists of extracted pulp of ripe mangoes. It is mango juice without the frills, nectar from the heavens.
  • Rasam: It is a spicy tomato drink affixed at the end of every South Indian meal, meant to be consumed hot. Yet when you try Paper Boat ‘chilled rasam’, it is possible that you quaff the entire thing in five gulps.
Paper Boat

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

• Aam Panna: This raw mango drink with a sweet and sour taste is a dauntless fighter of gastrointestinal disorders, apart from being extremely refreshing.
  • Tulsi Green Tea: This drink is a conflux of green tea and tulsi. A linchpin in north Indian courtyards, tulsi is an immunity booster and has various medicinal properties.
Paper Boat

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

• Jaljira: An infusion of cumin, lemon juice, black pepper, and rock salt that functions both as an electrolyte and an appetizer.
  • Kokum: Kokum is a berry belonging and largely indigenous to the western ghats. The drink consists of a sherbet made from kokum berries, a hint of cardamom, cumin and sugarcane extract.
Paper Boat

Photo by Paavani Jain

• Gol Gappe ka Paani: At times, we eat gol gappas just to drink the minty, revitalizing water. Tamarind, sugar, spices and condiments, and infusion of mint leaves kick-start this wonder.

So, try something new this summer to revisit the good old times.