I’m back again with another review of the Georgetown Cupcake’s monthly flavors. This month there are four new flavors plus the cheesecakes from last month. They are perfect for a warm August day watching the Olympics.

1. Butterscotch Waffle Cone

Cupcake

Photo by Kara Schiaparelli

Butterscotch cupcake with a butterscotch core, topped with a butterscotch buttercream frosting, butterscotch drizzle, hazelnuts, rainbow sprinkles and a waffle cookie wedge.

This is my favorite of the four, I love the almost syrup-like taste of the butterscotch cupcake. It reminds me of one of my all time favorite flavors: the salted caramel.

2. Banana Split

Cupcake

Photo by Kara Schiaparelli

Banana cupcake with a rich fudge core topped with a vanilla cream cheese frosting, sundae toppings and a maraschino cherry.

This treat is simultaneously light and decadent. The banana cake perfectly balances the fudge core and all the sundae toppings. I can’t wait to remake it at home.

3. Pineapple Banana

Cupcake

Photo by Kara Schiaparelli

Pineapple and banana cupcake topped with a vanilla cream cheese frosting and a maraschino cherry.

This is probably my least favorite and only because I am not a fan of pineapple. While there is not a strong pineapple flavor, I kind of wish it was just a banana cake. The cake was super moist though and I do love the simple decoration.

4. Gold Medal Red Velvet

Cupcake

Photo by Kara Schiaparelli

Red Velvet cupcake with vanilla cream cheese frosting decorated with a fondant gold medal.

I feel like I don’t need to say much about the Red Velvet. We know it, we love it and this one’s Olympic medal just makes it better.

There we have it. Another month and another batch of new flavors. Tune in next month for a September flavor round up.