You’ve had a long week full of exams, essays, and meetings, and you just don’t feel like going out. Well, go grab of bottle of your fave wine (or whatever is the cheapest, because #college) and some of your favorite snacks cause it’s wine time. Here’s why wine night is the best night.

You can stay in your sweatpants

Wine Night

Drunk eating. We all do it and we can’t help it. It’s even BETTER when you get to stay in sweatpants and not have to worry about if you have food on your face.

You have bonding time with friends

Wine Night

Being wine drunk is definitely the best drunk. You and your friends find everything funny, whether it’s bonding over the latest episode of The Bachelor or playing a good game of Cards Against Humanity. Nothing is better than the combo of wine and friends.

You’ll sleep like a baby

Wine Night

If you say you don’t sleep well after drinking wine, something is wrong. Nothing is better than crawling into bed after being satisfied by some wine, snacks, and friends. You honestly feel like you’re on cloud nine after a couple of glasses.

There will be insane amounts of food

Wine Night

Photo by Emily Waples

Another great thing about wine night is the food that comes along with it. Other than the wine that each friend brings, it is an unsaid rule that snacks must be brought. Whether that means ordering a pizza, or sharing your favorite chips, the food on wine night better be endless.

You won’t feel gross the next day

Wine Night

Who wants to wake up smelling like last night’s alcohol? No one. You won’t have to worry about this problem with a good bottle of wine, which also won’t leave you feeling super hungover.