I’m sure you’ve all scrolled past at least one açaí bowl on your Instagram feed recently – the bright, aesthetically-pleasing smoothie bowls are hard to miss. These tasty breakfast bowls have garnered a lot of attention lately, and for good reason.

The bowls are comprised of smoothies made from açaí berries and any other fruits of your choice. The thick smoothies are then topped with oats, peanut butter, fruit, coconut shavings, and more. They look and taste like dessert for breakfast, but the açaí berries in the smoothie are packed with antioxidants.

Here’s why you should join the craze and try one for yourself:

1. They have anti-aging effects

Açaí Bowls

Photo by Megan Clarkson

Açaí berries are among few foods that contain the highest amount of antioxidants on Earth. They contain a certain antioxidant called ellagic acid which can reverse or slow down some common aging processes. Maybe açaí berries are the secret to looking like J. Lo when we’re in our 40’s, who knows.

2. They help with digestion

Açaí Bowls

Photo by Megan Clarkson

The berries are high in fiber and help keep your digestive system clean and smoothly running.

3. They help keep your immune system healthy

Açaí Bowls

Photo by Megan Clarkson

In addition to antioxidants like ellagic acid, açaí berries are also rich in Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to fight off viruses and the common cold. Some studies have shown that açaí berries can even suppress cancer growth. So basically you should skip the boring vitamin supplement pills in the morning and opt for a nice açaí smoothie bowl instead.

4. They’ll give you crazy energy

Açaí Bowls

Photo by Megan Clarkson

The smoothie bowls make for the perfect breakfast because all of the vitamins and antioxidants in açaí berries will give you the energy boost that you so desperately need in the morning. Its effects are long-lasting so they’ll help to fight your fatigue all day.

5. Lastly, they simply taste good

Açaí Bowls

Photo by Megan Clarkson

With these bowls, you get the best of both worlds – health and good taste. Seriously, these smoothie bowls are like trying heaven for breakfast so there’s no reason not to try them.