It's time to kickoff healthy resolutions. Starting January 1st, we're bombarded with the year's hottest diets and most popular health food trends. While Whole30 is in fact one of those trends, it's the perfect way to jumpstart your resolution to good health without feeling like you've imprisoned your taste buds.

The Whole30 is simple: Eat fresh fruits/veggies and lean protein. No sugar (real or artificial), no alcohol (suck it up, it's only 30 days), no processed foods (so long, late-night Taco Bell runs), and no dairy, grains, or legumes (although, there are a few exceptions).

But fear not, fellow resolution-breakers. This lifestyle detox will leave you feeling fresh, energetic, and ready to kick 2017's ass. These five essentials from Trader Joe's will help you power through the next month so your Whole30 experience will totally rock.

Cashew Butter

Cashew butter is the world's best kept secret. Until I did my first round of the Whole30 last fall, I had never even heard of it. Now, I can't live without it. And it's a million times better than regular peanut butter. Cashew butter is compliant with the Whole30 rules and will satisfy any sweet cravings you may get the next month. It's fantastic with apples, a perfect protein power up in your morning smoothies, and worth the whopping $7.99.

Avocado Mayo

Acceptable condiments are difficult to come by in the Whole30 diet, but thankfully avocado mayo makes the cut. Made with avocado oil, this mayo tastes just like the real deal and can be used in a variety of ways, including salads, sauces, and spreads.

Cauliflower Rice

Need a "starch" to complete your dinner? Cauliflower rice is the answer. It's a versatile substitute for the prohibited grains on Whole30 that will make you feel like you're eating your carbs without the bloating, empty calories of real grains. Whether you stir fry it (in an approved oil, of course), bake it, or eat it plain, cauliflower rice is a winner. And if you're cheap like me, here's how you can make your own.

Almond Meal  

sweet, chocolate, candy
Morgan Wujkowski

Craving crunchy chicken tenders or crusted pork chops? Almond meal is your answer. Use it in place of breadcrumbs to coat your protein and bake it for an extra crispy crunch. Mix it with some Whole30-approved seasonings and you've got yourself a healthy breading that not only tastes killer but doesn't pack on the pounds.

Ghee 

Fact: Life is better with butter. But surprisingly, ghee, a type of clarified butter, tastes like real butter and is allowed on the Whole30 regimen. Grab a jar, put a dab on your veggies, and you'll swear you're cheating because this sh*t is dope.  

Don't let "dieting" discourage you. Instead, take charge of this new year and commit to a new you with the Whole30.