Everyone is different when they’re drunk, but most college kids ALWAYS want food. It’s late, you’re tired from dancing, drinking, talking, etc. all night and you need food. To some- it doesn’t matter what it is, but for us foodies, you need something good and The Square in Oxford has the answer.

1. Abner’s

Drunk

Photo courtesy of Yelp for Abners

It’s on the corner of South Lamar Blvd. and has classic fried chicken that satisfies that salty, crunchy craving. It comes with fries, coleslaw, toast, and Abner’s sauce and why not top it off with a sweet tea? The chicken is greasy in all the right ways and will have you wanting more.

2. Four Corners Chevron

Drunk

Photo courtesy of dixiedining.wordpress.com

Yes, this a gas station, but it has the best fried chicken on the Square. It’s chicken on a stick and its famous in Oxford. They have pizza and other quickly made items, but the chicken on a stick is the best. Its two long juicy tenders skewered on a stick and I suggest getting honey mustard with it. The wait is worth it.

3. The Downstairs Bar-Secret Grilled Cheese Place

Drunk

Photo by Ally Langston

Down Faulkner’s Alley, there is a secret grilled cheese place that the locals only used to know, but now the word is out. You have to be dressed nicely to be let in and sometimes there’s a password (I can’t help you on that one) but they serve amazing grilled cheeses. They’re the only place on the square that does. They give complimentary shots and the rumor is they have a $1000 grilled cheese made with famous cheese. Why not go find out if its true?

4. Square Pizza

Drunk

Photo by Ally Langston

This is always open late at night, but it is always busy. It makes the crunchiest, cheesiest, best pizza on the square. You can order a slice or a whole pizza and they make it right in front of you. They usually have the options of a special pizza, cheese, or pepperoni.

5. Martin-Stockard C Store

Drunk

Photo courtesy of Ole Miss Housing

This is on campus in the Martin-Stockard dorm, but it is the only c-store with a grill. They make grilled cheeses, fried chicken, and pizza sticks. The pizza sticks are what you have to try. It’s basically a giant pizza roll or cheese and pepperoni stuffed inside a crust. They run out fast so go quickly if you want it!

6. Dominos

Drunk

Photo by Ally Langston

If Square Pizza is backed up, this is a good alternative. Located off Jackson, Dominos has more than you would expect. Pasta bowls, cheesy parmesan bites, and cookie cakes, what more could your drunk self want? Of course you can order a classic pizza, but why not spice it up a little and try something new?

Next time you are looking for some yummy food after a fun night out on the town, hit up one of these places. You will not be disappointed.