Scrolling down my Instagram feed, one out of three posts is food, which I consider a proud foodie moment. Mostly based in NYC, these food accounts can make anything look delicious. If you take a trip to the city and want to try some of these good eats, the options can be endless and overwhelming. Here is how I would spend my day, exploring some of my favorite neighborhoods while eating some of my favorite (vegetarian friendly!) food.

1. Brunch

NYC

Photo by Shivani Mandavilli

If you’re in NYC, you probably feel like you have to brunch. And you’re right. I’ve tried my fair share of brunches in the city, and some of my favorites include Mud in Manhattan and Miriam in Brooklyn. However, Cafe Orlin still tops the list. Its menu is full of brunch classics like eggs benedict and huevos rancheros. You can’t go wrong. If you’re in the mood for just coffee, head to Chalait for that delicious matcha latte.

2. Smorgasburg

NYC

Photo by Shivani Mandavilli

If you’re in the city on a Saturday, make your way over to Williamsburg for a couple hours in the afternoon for a foodie’s favorite flea market, Smorgasburg. The lines are long, especially for the famed ramen burger, which as a vegetarian, I haven’t had the opportunity to taste. However, there are so many other vendors, such as El Gato Nacho which served up these memorable nachos.

3. Dinner

NYC

Photo courtesy of @foodie_feeels on Instagram

Yelp overloads me with options whenever I try and find dinner in the city. I’ll go on Instagram to see if anything looks particularly appetizing, and I always scroll past a photo of by Chloe. Taking this as a sign, I finally tried it, and there are no regrets. The vegan food is just as tasty as it is pretty, and you can score an amazing slice of avocado toast.

4. Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth

NYC

Photo by Shivani Mandavilli

Finally, I would definitely suggest making your way over to Dominique Ansel Bakery, which is famous for its cronuts, which sell out pretty fast. However, I would go for a frozen s’more, because… duh.

If you’re as indecisive as I am, it’s going to be hard for you to choose what food to try in the city, especially if you’re only there for a couple of days. These five are some of my all-time favorites, and hopefully they become some of yours.