Leftovers: the best side effect of cooking. You made a ton of waffles and now you're packing the leftovers up to make breakfast for yourself for the week. The next morning comes and for some reason you have the smart thought of: "Can I put this container in the microwave?" This then leads to "Is it dishwasher safe?" Do not fear! Tupperware does this super smart thing and puts symbols on their containers to tell you the different ways to care for them.

Freezer Safe

coffee, beer
BryAna Stearns

Look for a Tupperware symbol of a snowflake to check if your container can be stored in the freezer.

#ProTip: Freezing leftovers is a great way to feed yourself down the road and save money.

Dishwasher Safe

coffee
BryAna Stearns

If you find the Tupperware symbol of a glass with water drops or plates with diagonal lines this means your container is dishwasher safe. We recommend still putting your containers on the TOP rack of the dishwasher just to keep them a little safer.

Microwave Safe

coffee, flour
BryAna Stearns

If your Tupperware has a symbol with wavy lines or a microwave with wavy lines, you can use it in the microwave without fear.

Recyclable

wine, coffee, beer, egg
BryAna Stearns

Most containers have the Tupperware symbol of three arrows forming a triangle with a number in the middle. This means that you can recycle your Tupperware, and it tells you the specific plastic it is! Even if you destroy your Tupperware, you can still be earth friendly and let it die responsibly in the recycling bin.

Tupperware symbols are a gift to us all when learning how to be mature adults and take care of our cooking supplies. Keep in mind though, if it does not say that is dishwasher safe, you are in fact going to have to do some dishes.