Beyond the occasional poisoned apple and dining room faux pas (it’s so not cool to serve a girl’s friends up on a platter, Prince Eric), Disney never offers much insight into what its leading ladies eat in order to fuel all their dancing, riding, swimming, and running.

But not to worry — we’ve solved that mystery (without infringing upon Walt’s classic vision of princess life) by imagining some of those famous women in the modern world. But seriously, if Disney princesses were college students, their culinary adventures would probably put all those balls and well-side serenades to shame…

Aurora

disney princesses

Photo courtesy of princess.disney.com

Though famed for perfecting the art of beautiful somnolence, Aurora is never very eager to munch on foods known for their sleep-inducing qualities. And honestly, given the fact that the words “Aurora” and “sleep” tend to go hand-in-hand with death threats, we can’t really blame her.

What Aurora really likes to eat are the fresh fruits and vegetables that remind her of the woods where she grew up — Shailene Woodley has become a huge fan of the epic salad pics that Aurora is always posting on Instagram.

When it comes to fruit, though, Aurora can never quite decide whether her favorite is grapefruit or blueberries. We sympathize completely — pink vs. blue decisions are notoriously difficult.

disney princesses

Photo by Emma Delaney

Belle

disney princesses

Photo courtesy of hyung86.deviantart.com

Belle’s favorite drink is tea, of course (two lumps of sugar, please!), but when it comes to food, she’s not too picky. If she can eat it with one hand and hold a book open with the other, she’s perfectly content.

disney princesses

Photo courtesy of Cafe Fleurette

Jasmine

disney princesses

Jasmine is always super busy volunteering at the local cat rescue shelter, so most of the time she just grabs a quick snack in the way of an apple or a slice of crusty bread (Jasmine has never had much patience for the fancy delicacies preferred by her wealthy relatives). But when she does find the time to actually cook a meal, she loves to play with the spice combos in fragrant dishes like sabich and shakshouka.

disney princesses

Photo courtesy of nytimes.com

Mulan

disney princesses

Between kickboxing lessons and the intense practices she has to put in as an experienced member of her college’s tai chi club, Mulan is in constant need of food fuel. Her parents are always sending her care packages stuffed with energy-boosting foods like peanut butter and oatmeal, but if you sneak a peek across the dining hall, it’s likely you’ll find Mulan making smiley faces out of her breakfast instead of actually eating it.

disney princesses

Photo courtesy of blogs.disney.com

Tiana

disney princesses

After her freshman year at college, Tiana gave up eating in the dining halls (she can out-cook those chefs any day). In fact, she decided to start a catering business of her own when the people in her apartment building started sending daily requests for the delicious treats she was whipping up in her kitchen.

Now a senior, Tiana is known for making fireworks-worthy beignets and serving up steaming bowls of gumbo with both a smile and a healthy dash of sass.

disney princesses

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Megara

disney princesses

Photo courtesy of megheartswonderboy.tumblr.com

Meg (if you call her “Nutmeg,” she’ll *handle* you, and you won’t like how she does it) is a big fan of the Mediterranean diet, though she also loves indulging in fresh-scented desserts like this lemony olive oil cake.

She does have a decided aversion to pomegranates, though, which can possibly be attributed to the fact that it was a favorite food of her friend Persephone’s total stalker of an ex-boyfriend.

disney princesses

Photo by Jeanne Kessira

Rapunzel

disney princesses

Photo courtesy of fanpop.com

An instant favorite with everyone she meets on campus, Rapunzel is constantly being invited to dinner parties and coffeehouse study breaks. She always accepts and has a great time, but her best friends know that she’s actually something of a culinary genius herself: she recently discovered a way of combining her love of baking with her affinity for cast iron skillets and created this unforgettable ginger/apple cinnamon/snickerdoodle/pumpkin spice giant cookie.

disney princesses

Photo by Gaby Scelzo

Okay, it’s officially time to become total besties with Rapunzel so we can get a piece of that amazing cookie. Who’s with us?