If you’re one of those people who thinks vegetarians and vegans can’t enjoy Thanksgiving as much as all the meat-lovers out there, then prepare to change your mind. There is a ridiculous number of mouth-watering Thanksgiving recipes that require absolutely no meat at all, and I would be surprised if you’re not convinced to convert to vegetarianism after reading this.

Meat substitutes like Tofurky or seitan are great if you feel left out want to make something that somewhat resembles a turkey. However, if you’re as much of a veggie lover as I am, then you don’t even need to stress about finding the best turkey substitutes – all you need are vegetables!

Appetizers

Pumpkin Bisque (vegan)

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy veganyackattack.com

Any kind of finger food or soup is great for appetizers. Going along with the pumpkin and fall flavor bandwagon, you’ve got to have pumpkin bisque at Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Butter Pecan Gingersnap Rolls

Thanksgiving

Photo by Anthony Wan

And of course some adorable pumpkin rolls.

Gravy

Shallot Shiitake Gravy

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of ohmyveggies.com

Gravy doesn’t need animal fat to taste great, and it doesn’t have to be drizzled over a piece of turkey or chicken breast either. Why not pour it over some delicious roasted vegetables or sweet potatoes? A great alternative to the classic is this shallot shiitake gravy. You really can’t go wrong with any kind of vegan mushroom gravy.

Stuffing

Cornbread Stuffing (vegan)

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of jeanetteshealthyliving.com

Stuffing is probably one of my favorite parts about Thanksgiving. The savory bread soaked in a concoction of other heavenly ingredients is the perfect blend of textures and flavors. This classic cornbread stuffing is simple but absolutely divine.

Prune and Apple Stuffing

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of food52.com

If you’re a little more adventurous, this prune and apple stuffing is perfect for using any leftover fruit.

Entrées

Stuffed Butternut Squash (vegan)

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of vegkitchen.com

Now the part you’ve all been waiting for: entrées. There are so many directions you can go with the main dish, ranging from casseroles and lasagnas to savory pies and baked potatoes. You can be really creative with what you decide to make or stick with the traditional dishes like a delightful green bean casserole. But if you’re a more of a creative cook, then the following are some recipe ideas to get you started. This stuffed butternut squash will definitely be a crowd pleaser!

Lentil Mushroom Walnut Balls with Cranberry Sauce (vegan) 

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of ohsheglows.com

Who needs IKEA’s Swedish meatballs when you can have these babies?

Lentil and Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie (vegan) 

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of oneingredientchef.com

Shepherd’s pie doesn’t need meat to taste and look amazing.

Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onion Pizza

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of minimalistbaker.com

Because you always need some pizza in your life.

Potato and Garlic Quiche

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of bojongourmet.com

When in doubt, use garlic. Quiche is not only great for Sunday brunch but Thanksgiving dinner too.

Sides

Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Thanksgiving

Photo by Rachel Conners

To complement your entrées, you’ve got to have sides that go perfectly together. Anything with potatoes, sweet potatoes or yams is probably a safe bet. You can never have enough sugar in your life, so go ahead and roast your sweet potatoes with added sweetness from some brown sugar.

Smashed Potatoes with Avocado

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of ohsheglows.com

Avocado? Say no more. This recipe could also be easily customized for vegans by using vegan mayonnaise.

Desserts

Vegan Pumpkin Pie

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of minimalistbaker.com

I hope you’re salivating by now, but we’ve just gotten to the best part: dessert. Regardless of how much your food baby grows as the day progresses, there’s always space for dessert because what’s Thanksgiving without some good ol’ pumpkin or pecan pie? For vegans, it’s sometimes hard to find easy but delicious dessert recipes without eggs or dairy but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This classic, veganized pumpkin pie taste just as good as the regular one.

Vegan Molasses Ginger Cookies

Thanksgiving

Photo courtesy of ohsheglows.com

There’s no better way to spread some Thanksgiving love than baking ginger cookies.

Vegan Buckwheat Banana Bread

Thanksgiving

Photo by Casey Carr

The answer is no, you can never get sick of banana bread, especially when it’s made with buckwheat.

And just for fun, here’s an apple cider recipe to enjoy with family and friends.

Now that you’ve had a feast for the eyes, it’s time to actually try some of these recipes out in the kitchen. This Thanksgiving there’s no disappointment in being vegetarian or vegan. Give turkey a break from being the center of attention and prove to everyone how much better a vegetarian Thanksgiving meal is.