Have you ever struggled with falling asleep? Do you remember pointlessly lying in bed and checking your phone every half an hour to see how much more time you have wasted? Well, you are not the only one. Many of us have troubles falling asleep at some point in our lives. Since there is no time to waste, it is crucial to find tricks that can help you target insomnia and sleep like a newborn baby.

The majority of sleeping problems happen due to stress, temporary interruptions to our normal routines, and travel. As many of us are constantly pressured to perform well in school and maintain a solid social life, we are often stressed and worried. During my freshman year of university, I had to battle insomnia almost every night, until one day a miracle happened. I came up with four tricks, which changed my life by helping me to fall asleep within 10 minutes.

Trick 1: Consider sleeping naked

Photo by nomao saeki | Unsplash

saekinomao on unsplash

A lot of people sleep better by wearing pyjamas made out of cotton or not wearing pyjamas at all. Pyjamas made out of organic materials feel good on your skin and allow the skin to breathe. It is even better if you don't own pyjamas. By sleeping naked, your clothes will not be tangled in your sheets and you will enjoy sleep with no distractions.

Trick 2: Put cotton balls in your ears

Photo by Hernan Sanchez | Unsplash

stillsbyhernan on unsplash

Putting soft cotton balls in your ears will prevent you from waking up to distracting noises and help you to fall asleep faster. In addition, your brain will get a reflex that will force you to fall asleep every time you put cotton balls inside your ears. However, make sure that emergency devices, such as smoke detectors can still be heard through the cotton balls.

Trick 3: Make sure you have a comfortable sleeping position

Photo by Sokoloff Lingerie | Unsplash

sokoloff on unsplash

Nothing is more important than finding the best position to sleep in. Since we are all different, there is no universal sleeping position that works for everyone. However, it is important to find one that works for you. I realized that I can easily fall asleep by lying diagonally across my bed and having a second pillow in my arms. Weird, right?

Trick 4: Forget about your problems

Photo by thomas shellberg | Unsplash

tshellberg on unsplash

You might struggle with falling asleep simply because you are constantly thinking about your problems that day. The problems or embarrassing moments we face throughout the day keep on repeating in our heads like broken records. However, you just need to forget about everything that bothers you and tell yourself that you will worry about your problems tomorrow. 

A good night's sleep will make you happier. You will be surprised to wake up in a great mood, full of energy, and ready to conquer your challenges that day. A good night's sleep makes a huge difference, so go sleep now, because you deserve to succeed.