Whether you’re in New York City, on the streets of London, or just hanging out in Rochester, NY; it’s always a good call to see what awesome foods people are instagramming. These food accounts show you what new recipes you should be trying, the hottest restaurants in town, or just satisfy your food porn cravings.
Here are the top ten food instagram accounts you need to follow; trust me you won’t regret it!
- @food– With over 300,000 followers, @food is officially taking over the instagram food scene. Sarah Phillips, who is in charge of @food, takes her pictures in and around New York City. Her other account is @baking and she also has a website; CraftyBaking.com.
- @food52– Taking the Instagram world by storm, @food52 states that they are, “helping people become better, smarter, happier cooks.” They also have a website where they post various recipes and cooking tips: http://food52.com/.
- @huffposttaste- One of our favorite news sources is now dabbling in the divine realm of food. Their Instagram has yet to lay the same claim to fame as their publication, but with familiar faces like Wolfgang Puck and these ice cream sandwiches, @huffposttaste will be one to watch. If a picture (worth 1000 words) isn’t enough, check out the associated content: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/taste/.
- @love_food; Not much is known about @love_food, except that they have over a million followers and post AMAZING food porn. NBD. Seriously, just scrolling through their Instagram account makes your mouth water.
- @howsweeteats- Jessica, also the author of the cookbook Seriously Delish, not only posts mouthwatering recipes, she also posts some cool lifestyle tips too! Of course, she also has a blog: http://www.howsweeteats.com/. Is there anything this woman can’t do?
- @aprilbloomfield– A chef in one of the biggest foodie cities (the one and only NY, NY), April Bloomfield is well known for her two restaurants, The Spotted Pig and The Breslin. She also is one of only ten female chefs in the United States to hold a Michelin star (which is a HUGE deal). Inspired? Find out what she has up her sleeve in her new cookbook A Girl and Her Greens.
- @infatuation-Not only did the instagrammers on this account develop the awesome food hashtag #EEEEEATS, they also do restaurant reviews for the people. If NYC is where you call home, you might recognize some local favorites on their feed.
- @mynewroots- Sarah, a food blogger, definitely stands out from the rest. She created her blog and her Instagram account to share the edible inspirations from her, “playtime in the kitchen, and deep love for whole foods.” Her pictures focus mostly on holistic nutrition and are perfect for the crunchy granola college health-nut . http://www.mynewroots.org/site/
- @cleanfooddirtycity– Lily, the woman in charge of cleanfooddirtycity, navigates NYC while living a healthy life. She posts mostly her own food creations, but she does have some restaurant reviews in there as well. Navigate her blog by window-shopping for the most eye-catching plate of food. You’ll see what I mean: http://cleanfooddirtycity.com/
10. @girleatworld– The girl in charge of this account combines my two favorite things; travel and food! Based in Singapore, her account satisfies a taste for the exotic. Warning: be prepared for wanderlust and hunger pains.
BONUS: If you could only follow one instagram account, it should be us: @spoonuniversity. Need I say more?
You can master Instagram too: