Objectively, baseball is the least exciting sport to watch. Even I, a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan, can admit that the games are slow-paced, long, and lacking action. Attending games is often painful, sitting in the hot sun for hours in the middle of the afternoon as you watch grass grow.
Why force yourself to sit through an insufferable game when there is an easy solution?
People at ball games do it all the time, consuming copious amounts of beer every inning. So next time you are stuck at home and the game is on, pick up your favorite mixed drinks or brews and use this ultimate baseball drinking game to get you through all nine innings.
Take a sip if:
- A bat breaks
- The batter gets hit by a ball
- A run is scored: one sip for single, two sips for a double, three sips for a triple
- The sportscasters begin to talk about the weather
- A player on either team is filmed spitting his chewing tobacco
- A runner steals a base
- The mascot does something ridiculous
Take a shot if:
- A batter hits a double or a triple
- Batter scores a home run: one shot for single, two for double, three for triple
- Runner steals home
- The ball gets lost
- A squirrel or some other small animal interrupts the game
- Bad singer during the 7th inning stretch
Finish your drink if:
- A crazy fan charges the field
- Two or more players get into a fist fight
- The game reaches the 15th inning
- GRAND SLAM
Chug all of the alcohol in the building if:
- The Yankees go bankrupt
- The Return of Derek Jeter
- Aliens abduct the visiting team
- The Chicago Cubs win the World Series
Let’s play ball!