College football season is upon us, which means that game day eats are finally back in season. Even more crucial than kickoffs, touchdowns, and fumbles is finding the perfect food to celebrate a victory or to drown your sorrows from a loss. No matter which Big Ten football team you route for (go blue!), here is a list of must-try game day meals, all guaranteed to score.

1. University of Illinois: Deep Dish Pizza from Papa Del's Pizza Factory

Home of the Fighting Illini, the University of Illinois hasn't won a national title championship since 1951. It's all good, though, because the students still know how to get down. What better way to get down than to go deep with a slice of deep dish pizza, originating from their state's biggest city, Chicago? 

2. University of Michigan: Sandwich from Zingerman's Delicatessen

A photo posted by Boulder Bites (@boulder_bites) on

It's only fitting that fans of the best football team in the world (alright, I'm biased) would have the best sandwich in the world as their game day treat. Zingerman's is located just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Big House and is regarded as one of America's best delis. Get a Tarb's Tenacious Tenure (#73) or a classic Reuben(#2), as President Obama did when he visited Zing's back in 2014.  

3. University of Nebraska: Mexican Street Corn from Cream of the Crop

corn, cereal, pasture, hazelnut, straw, vegetable, meat, popcorn, maize
Tiare Brown

University of Nebraska is home to the Cornhuskers, so what could be more fitting than eating some Mexican Street Corn? This delicious snack is filled with all sorts of surprising flavors like garlic, cilantro, feta, and chili powder. It's a blend of seasonings as mixed as Nebraska's record from last season. 

4. Northwestern University:  Pie Slice from Hoosier Mama Pie Company

Unfortunately, Northwestern football does not have the best winning record in the league. Luckily, they do have winning pies. The Wildcats can drown their sorrows and eat their feelings with a warm slice of gourmet pie and a scoop of house made ice cream from Hoosier Mama Pie Company (a town favorite). 

5. University of Minnesota: Corn Dog from Uncle Franky's

This classic game day snack is perfect for games at TCF Bank Stadium because the corn dog originated in Minnesota. Stop by Uncle Franky's, a quality hot dog joint in Minneapolis, to enjoy this local treat.

6. University of Wisconsin: Beer from State Street Brats

The state of Wisconsin is famous for two things: cheese and beer.  Not surprisingly, Wisconsin was proclaimed the drunkest state this past year, so I'm thinking cheers over cheese is what this team needs to celebrate. What could be more fitting than grabbing a beer on game day to drink On, Wisconsin

7. Indiana University: Cookie from Baked of Bloomington 

There's nothing better than this sweet treat after a Hoosier win. This famous Bloomington bakery sells 20,000+ different types of cookies including s'mores, blueberry oatmeal, and the classic chocolate chip cookie. Order a box (or seven) and you'll be good to go. 

8. Michigan State University: Caramel Apple from Uncle John's Cider Mill

These caramel apples from a cider mill near East Lansing are just as sweet as the success the Michigan State football team has had in the last few years. 

9. Ohio State University: Donut from Buckeye Donuts

These donuts hail from a famous Columbus donut shop. They are the perfect sweet treat to celebrate Ohio State University's current 2nd place ranking in the AP top 25 football teams

10. University of Maryland: Crab Cake Sandwich from Fishnet

The state of Maryland is famous for their crabs, and evidently, their crab cakes, too. Celebrate a Terrapin's win with a sandwich version of this classic state delicacy.

11. Purdue University: Milkshake of the Month from Pappy's 

A photo posted by Riley Bowling (@hersch.b) on

Celebrate a Boilermaker win with a famous milkshake from Pappy's Sweet Shop in West Lafayette, Indiana. With flavors ranging from Oreo to your traditional chocolate or vanilla, there's something for everyone. 

12. University of Iowa: Slice of Pizza from The Airliner

Open since 1944, The Airliner is an enduring, classic spot for Hawkeyes fans to chow down. This perfect game day slice is ideal after a day full of tailgating for Iowa football. 

13. Rutgers University: Smoothie from Hansel 'n Griddle

A smoothie is just the refreshing drink you need after a Rutger's football loss, which is sadly a common occurrence considering the stellar teams they play against (like Ohio State and Michigan). Hansel 'n Griddle has a wide variety of smoothies to choose from, ranging from choices like the Berry Beach Party to the Banana Flip. 

14. Penn State University: Ice Cream from Berkey Creamery

ice, cream, caramel, chocolate, sundae
Oriana Abreu

What better way to celebrate a Nittany Lion win than with a few scoops of ice cream from the school's homemade ice cream shop? It's made through the school's Department of Food Science in the College of Agricultural Sciences, so its production is part of the school's pride, just like the football team. 

So, whether your team wins or loses, there's always food. Although victory tastes great, some might argue that pizza tastes even better. This list of game day foods sure makes me hungry for Michigan's next home game against Illinois. Zingerman's #73, here I come.