Gilmore Girls is set to return in a special four-part Netflix revival in early winter 2016, and it’s basically the most exciting thing ever. Naturally, binge watching all seven seasons is the best (and only) way to prepare for the new episodes.
What could make your transport back to Stars Hollow even more enjoyable? Cheap wine. And lots of it.
Open up Netflix and your finest bottle of vino, and prepare to return to the land of witty banter, obscure pop culture references, and excessive amounts of coffee.
Here’s the Ultimate Gilmore Girls Drinking Game
Take 1 sip:
- Every time Emily and Lorelei bicker
- Every time Lorelei and Rory go to a town meeting
- Every time anyone drinks coffee
- Any time Paris says something offensive
- Whenever Rory kisses her boyfriend (Dean, Jess, or Logan; it doesn’t matter which)
- Every time Rory’s reading
- Every time there’s an obscure popular culture reference you don’t quite get (it’s okay, some of them are from way before our time)
- Whenever Rory is shown working at “the paper” (both Chilton’s The Franklin and the Yale Daily work for this one)
- Any time Lane talks about a band she likes
- Whenever Kirk has a new job
- Every time Rory is shown wearing her Chilton school uniform
- Every time Michel says something sarcastic to anyone
Take 2 sips:
- Every time Rory and Lorelei go to a Friday night dinner
- Every time Lorelei flirts with Luke
- Whenever Sookie says or does something adorable
- Every time Luke gets into a fight with Taylor
- Every time Lorelei and Rory eat an obscene amount of junk food
- Any time a big event is held at the Inn
- Whenever Rory or Lorelei break up with their significant other
Finish your drink when:
- You’re not sure whether you’re laughing or crying or both
Enjoy your booze-filled Gilmore Girls Netflix sesh, and please binge-watch responsibly.