Whatever you’re doing to get festive this spring, make sure you take full advantage of all the special edition candy eggs filling up grocery store shelves (and soon the store’s sale section).

Brightly packaged egg shaped candy is a highly significant contribution to spring’s seasonal happiness, however, some candies are simply superior to others.

1. Reese’s Egg

chocolate egg

Photo by Maeve Greeley

The beloved peanut butter candy turned egg shape is a favorite of all candy shoppers during the spring season. Reese’s eggs come in mini sizes too, perfect for stuffing into goodie bags or those fun plastic eggs… or just stuffing your face.

2. Cadbury Cream Eggs

chocolate egg

Photo by Maeve Greeley

Cadbury’s creamy filled eggs are the most anticipated chocolate candy of Easter. They have just the right amount of sweetness and the glistening packaging is calling your name to taste the special surprise inside.

3. Cadbury Mini Egg

chocolate egg

Photo by Maeve Greeley

Cadbury mini eggs are a more basic and lighter version of their more mature cream filled relatives. They are convenient for a quick fist-full from the jar on your grandma’s coffee table or for a decorative pastel inspired spring party.

4. Russell Stovers marshmallow filled Eggs

chocolate egg

Photo by Maeve Greeley

Russell Stovers has the biggest variety of marshmellow filled eggs, my personal favorites are traditional marshmellow, carmel, chocolate marshmellow with raspberry, and carmel marshmellow (an overwhelmingly sweet combination for professional sweet-eaters only).

5. Snickers Eggs

chocolate egg

Photo by Maeve Greeley

What’s not to love about a snickers? You better believe they are even better egg shaped.  The adorable chocolate egg surrounds a glorious mess of caramel and peanut goodness that are just the right size to pop into your mouth.

If the astetics of these seasonal candies don’t have you feeling some type of way, the sweetness of every bite definitely will.

Want more Easter fun?