“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.” If we all weren’t forced to read A Tale of Two Cities in high school, we might have thought Charles Dickens was talking about the college experience.

People always say college is the best four years of your life, but what they don’t tell you is that it can be a bumpy ride. No matter what gets thrown your way this semester, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream is there to help you through it.

Check out this list of every Ben & Jerry’s flavor to pair with each situation you’ll encounter this semester:

When you’re going through a breakup: Everything But The…

ben and jerry's flavor

Whether you decide to end things with your “friend with benefits” or your boyfriend of three years breaks your heart, going through a breakup is never easy. The only way to truly make yourself feel better is to dive into some ice cream and let yourself be sad for a little while.

Ben and Jerry’s flavor Everything But The… is perfect post-breakup because it literally has everything you need to heal a broken heart (except the kitchen sink, of course).

When it’s your birthday: Cake Batter or Cake My Day

ben and jerry's flavor

Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? Don’t hesitate to eat a hearty slab of cake and then have some of Ben and Jerry’s Cake Batter ice cream to top off the night.

It’s your day, so you can do whatever you want. Maybe if you have room, you can also try Cake My Day while you’re at it. You can never have too much cake and ice cream on your birthday.

When you’re having a casual Friday night with your friends: Cherry Garcia

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo by Sarah Gilbert

The only thing sweeter than a night in with your BFFs is Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream. It’ll go perfectly with whatever sappy rom-com you decided to watch tonight, and you know none of your friends will judge you for the amount of calories you’re about to put in your body.

Grab a handful of spoons and pass around a pint (or two) of this classic Ben and Jerry’s flavor. And guess what? This flavor pairs great with red wine.

When you get a bad grade: Boom Chocolatta

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo by Becky Hughes

We all think we’ve hit rock bottom at some point in our academic careers. You see your most recent test grade and instantly picture your future life behind a fast food counter asking “Would you like fries with that?”

The next time college gets the best of you, don’t freak out. Just buy yourself a tub of Ben and Jerry’s new flavor, Boom Chocolatta, and take a break. The sound of your teeth crunching through the intense cookie core will drown out all your negative thoughts.

When it’s that time of the month: Chocolate Therapy

ben and jerry's flavor

There is no need for an explanation for this one. Go put on your fat pants, grab a heating pad, and place yourself in front of the TV with your well-deserved chocolate ice cream. Repeat for the following seven days as needed.

When it’s finals week: Brewed To Matter or Coffee, Coffee BuzzBuzzBuzz!

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo courtesy of Ben & Jerry’s on Facebook

Sometimes a classic cup of coffee isn’t strong enough to get us through finals week. When you’re in desperate need of an extra kick, smuggle a pint of one of these amazing flavors into the library with you. Trust me, you’re going to need the added brownie chunks and chocolate-covered espresso beans to help you through the night.

When your roommate is having a bad day: The Tonight Dough

ben and jerry's flavor

They say misery loves company, so it only makes sense to indulge in some ice cream while your roomie vents about their problems. Just like Jimmy Fallon himself, this incredible combination of flavors is guaranteed to lift both of your spirits.

When you’re trying to improve your self control: Mini Single Serving Cups of Your Choice

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo courtesy of Ksenia Andreeva from flickr.com

Whether you’re in the mood for plain old vanilla or something more intense like Americone Dream, these individual, half-cup servings will prevent you from devouring the full four servings that fit in a regular pint of Ben and Jerry’s. Save yourself from the freshman fifteen by choosing from the single serving options at the grocery store.

When you’re starting a dairy-free or vegan diet: Non-dairy, vegan flavors

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo by Sara Wu

For everyone who recently became a vegan or found out they were lactose intolerant: Ben and Jerry have your back. The new line of non-dairy ice cream is made with almond milk, certified vegan, and non-GMO products, so you can enjoy flavors like Chunky Monkey and Chocolate Fudge Brownie without eating animal products.

When you’re homesick: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Swirled of Difference

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo courtesy of Andy Melton from flickr.com

It doesn’t matter if you are a senior or a freshman, we all feel a little homesick every once in a while. The next time you’re missing your family, bring back the nostalgia of your childhood with a flavor like Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Swirled of Difference.

It might not taste exactly like your mom’s cookies or PB&J sandwiches, but it’ll bring back some good memories to hold you over until your next trip home.

When you’re craving ice cream for breakfast: Cinnamon Buns

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo courtesy of Ben and Jerry’s via Facebook

If you are ever in the mood for a non-traditional breakfast, try topping your freshly baked waffle with Ben and Jerry’s Cinnamon Buns ice cream and some maple syrup. While you’re at it, you might as well add some walnuts and whipped cream, too.

If you’re feeling extra bold, eat it right out of the container before your 8 AM. This is a judgment-free zone, so get creative.

When you’re trying to eat healthy: Blueberry Vanilla Graham Greek Yogurt

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo courtesy of theimpulsivebuy from flickr.com

It’s been a little while since people made their new year resolutions to start going to the gym and eating better. The good news for everyone who is still going strong on their goals is that Ben and Jerry’s offers delicious frozen yogurt and even frozen greek yogurt flavors such as Blueberry Vanilla Graham. These are perfect for when you’re craving something cold and sweet, but not willing to completely give up on all your progress.

When you get your tonsils or wisdom teeth removed: Sorbet

ben and jerry's flavor

Photo by Andy Pucko

As much as we all know and love Ben and Jerry’s variety of crunchy ingredients and cookie cores, the long breaks during college make it a popular time for people to get oral surgery like tonsil and wisdom teeth removal.

Fortunately, Ben and Jerry have blessed us with three smooth sorbet flavors to enjoy post-surgery including Lemonade, Berry Berry Extraordinary, and Mango Mango.