A show that took nine years to tell the story of boy meets girl deserves a legendary drinking game without any wait for it. How I Met You Mother is nothing short of genius. When the writers of a show have the end planned out from the pilot, you know you’re in for a good ride. And what a great ride it was (or will be for you binge-watchers.)

how i met your mother

All 208 episodes gave us moments of hysterical laughter, some tears, and a desire to have our own go-to Irish pub when we’re adulting in a city. The infamous man whore Barney Stinston never failed to accomplish the possimpible while other characters like Ted Mosby gave the audience a person to cheer for in hopes of him finally meeting his wife.

Next time you have a group of friends together, I highly recommend grabbing a bottle of wine, pack of beer, or liquor of some sort and press play on your Netflix account to get this awesome show started with a fun drinking game. It’s bound to be a MacLaren’s in your living room by the end of your night with this game.

Take a swig every time:

how i met your mother

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

• Barney says, “Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave ya met Ted?”
  • Robin and Ted salute to major, private, or colonel.
  • Barney hits on a new girl.
    • Bonus sip if he takes her home.
    • Chug if he fails to take her home.

3 sips if:

how i met your mother

Gif courtesy of rebloggy.com

• Barney gives a self-five.
  • Robin talks about Canada.
  • Robin Sparkles is mentioned.

Take a shot when:

how i met your mother

• A new doppelganger is found.
  • Ranjit appears.
  • Someone “eats a sandwich.”
  • Barney accepts a challenge.

Finish your drink when:

how i met your mother

Gif coutesy of giphy.com

• All members of the squad are in MacLaren’s Pub.
  • Marshall slaps Barney.
  • Ted has a new girlfriend.
  • Lily shares her words of wisdom.