While deep dish pizza is a Chicago bucket list item, it's no secret that Uno's is not the healthiest of pizza restaurants out there. A single slice of Uno's pizza averages around 400 calories, which is about 35% more calories than an average slice. Uno's, however, has so many other healthier options for when you want that classic Chicago restaurant experience (but without the extra cals from an indulgent deep dish pie).

Here are five items on the menu that you can feel good about, if you happen to find yourself at Uno's when it's not cheat day.

1. Chicago Thin Crust

Uno's just added Chicago Thin Crust pizza to their menu, a thin crust pizza but with the Chicago deep dish attitude. This pizza is perfect for those who love the taste and texture of extra tomato sauce piled on top, but want to avoid the carbs and calories that come along with the deep dish crust. There are five different kinds on the menu, or you can get creative with the make-your-own option. Definitely a must-try if you're craving pizza, but still want to get started on that summer body

2. Salad

This one seems like a no-brainer, but while Uno's offers a large variety of salads, some are far healthier than others. The Honey Crisp Chicken Salad has about 900 calories (more than two deep-dish slices!), but the Blueberry, Goat Cheese and Glazed Walnut salad has just 470. If you're looking to add protein to your meal in order to stay full longer, go for the grilled chicken rather than the honey chicken, which is breaded and drenched in sugar.

3. Flatbreads

Flatbreads are a great appetizer for sharing or just for eating by yourself, as your main entrée. There is no shortage of healthier bread options, too, as Uno's offers both multigrain and gluten-free crust. You can also create your own flatbread from over 25 topping options, so you get to control almost everything that goes into your meal. If you're more into the New York thin crust pizza than the Chicago deep dish, these flatbreads will definitely not disappoint. 

4. Seafood

While most people only head to Uno's for the pizza, you might decide to switch things up and impress your friends with this classy, healthier option. Uno's offers a wide variety of seafood dishes like Lemon Basil Salmon and Fish and Chips. But if you want to take your healthy ordering skills to the next level, sub out the chips for one of Uno's great, lower-cal sides like the Farro Salad. 

5. Sandwiches

Uno's also offers great, protein-packed sandwiches like the Chicken Pesto and Turkey Bacon Avocado. For a vegetarian option, they'll switch out the meat in any sandwich for a large portobello mushroom cap. If you aren't in the mood for pizza at all, and you're looking for something a bit heartier than a salad, these sandwiches are a surprisingly great, healthier option. Try dropping one of the bread slices and eating the sandwich open-face to cut the carbs down a bit, too.

While it's totally necessary in Chicago to splurge on a delicious deep dish pizza every now and then, it's comforting to know that Uno's offers these options for those looking for a healthier fix (without having to miss out on the Uno's Chicago experience). Next time you're in the Windy City, you'll be more than ready to take on the Uno's menu like a pro.