For every Spoon reader with a sweet tooth—which is most likely all of you—this list is for you. If you’re like me, you can’t decide which you love more: ice cream or dessert. What happens when you put the two together? BAM. HEAVEN. These are the 50 best ice cream desserts in every state and that are sure to leave you speechless and drooling.

Alabama: Ice Cream Donut Sandwich from Island Ice Cream & Treats 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of @islandicecream on Instagram

Well isn’t this just a dream come true? Island Ice Cream & Treats is located in Gulf Shores, Alabama and has over 40 flavors of Hershey’s ice cream. Ice cream + donuts = love. Donut miss trying this out.

Alaska: Caramel Turtle Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Bear Tooth Grill

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Sign me up. Bear Tooth Grill in Anchorage doesn’t have a dessert menu, they have a Sweet Tooth Dessert Menu. They totally understand sugar addiction. This caramel turtle fudge ice cream pie is the best on the menu and one of the best in Alaska.

Arizona: The Original Pizza Cookie from Oregano’s

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of Oregano’s Pizza Bistro on Facebook

Also known as a “pizookie” this dish consists of “three scoops of ice cream and chocolate chips, over a giant warm chocolate chip cookie pie.” Oregano’s Pizza Bistro’s Scottsdale staff lives by the motto, “treat every meal like a big deal” and this pizza cookie certainly proves that. They are not playin’ around.

California: Blondie Sundae from Connie and Ted’s 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of Connie and Ted’s on Facebook

Connie and Ted’s, located in West Hollywood, is a cute New England seafood kitchen that not only serves excellent seafood dishes but the best ice cream dessert in CA. The Blondie Sundae is a “cute brown sugar bar with caramelized chocolate, vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.” Blondes always have more fun.

Colorado: Ice Cream Bombe from High Point Creamery

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of High Point Creamery on Facebook

Welp, this is definitely….Bombe. What is an ice cream bombe you ask? High Point Creamery in Denver says, “an ice cream bombe is a molded ice cream dessert that has its origins in Victorian era France, ooh la la. We layer an ice cream, let it harden, then add another layer, let that harden, then top it off with another layer of our awesome ice cream.” The beauty is that you are not only limited to choosing one flavor and that is any girl’s dream.

Connecticut: Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream in a Bubblecone from Milkcraft

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of Milkcraft on Facebook

Located in Fairfield, Milkcraft “freezes every scoop to order with food grade Liquid Nitrogen, which creates smaller ice crystals when freezing, and results in the smoothest possible ice cream.” Their bubble cones are thicker waffle cones inspired by a snack from Southern China. With ice cream made to order, they treat you like you and that is important.

Delaware: Cow Pie Sundae from Woodside Creamery

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of dairyspot.com

This one-of-a-kind ice cream dessert can be drooled over in Newark, Delaware. It includes vanilla, hot fudge, brownies, whipped cream, and a cherry on top. Not to mention the creamery has cute little picnic benches on which to enjoy Cow Pie Sundaes outside so you and the cows can share.

Florida: Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding from YOLO

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of browardpalmbeach.com

This restaurant in Fort Lauderdale is so very accurately named. Saying YOLO to this bread pudding is definitely the way to go. The combination of chocolate chips, caramel, pecans, and cinnamon (with a side of ice cream) would be loved by even the most passionate bread pudding haterz. Live it up and put this ice cream dessert on your sweet tooth list.

Georgia: Cracked Pie with Salted Caramel Ice Cream from Dovetail

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of Dovetail on Facebook

Located in Macon, GA this is a sweet and Southern must-try dish. If you’re like me, you’ve never heard of cracked pie before. It is basically a yummy oatmeal cookie, but putting salted caramel ice cream on top steps up the dessert’s game up 100%. I personally think it is called cracked pie because it leaves cracks in your heart when you don’t have a second slice. The #heartbreak is real.

Hawaii: Mochi Ice Cream from Bubbies

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of Bubbies on Facebook

Bubbies has been in the business of ice cream for over 30 years and their mochi is what they are famous for. If you have never tried mochi before, it is “a harmonious combination of creamy gourmet ice cream wrapped in a sweetened rice confection, all resulting in a delectable bite-sized, one and a quarter ounce ball of happiness.” On a beach with mochi…What could go wrong?

Idaho: Gooeys from Dockside Restaurant

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of @docksidedca on Instagram

I couldn’t settle on just one type of Gooey from Dockside Restaurant on Coeur d’Alene Lake because every single one is delish. Try the Anniversary Gooey which is cake batter ice cream, chunks of brownies and blondies, strawberry, hot fudge and huckleberry sauces, huckleberry white chocolate bark, and chopped nuts with a jumbo chocolate dipped strawberry on top. Don’t want that one? Don’t worry, there are four other Gooeys to choose from—and they’re all definitely insta worthy.

Illinois: Funnel Cake Sundae from Sugar Shack

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you’re ever in Chicago, hit this place up. CHILDLIKE DELICIOUSNESS IS WHAT THIS IS. The funnel cake sundae comes with three scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and a cherry, along with a choice of one “wet” and one “dry” topping. Wet and dry toppings include caramel sauce, chocolate, peanut butter and various cereals and candy chunks. This is #foodporn for sure.

Indiana: Brownie Sundae from Zaharakos Ice Cream Parlor

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

Nothing hits the spot quite like brownies with ice cream, and Zaharakos in Columbus kills it in that department. The Brownie Sun(bae) is two scoops of vanilla ice cream on a warm, homemade chocolate chip brownie, covered in hot fudge and whipped cream. Yas please. In case that wasn’t enough you get to eat it in the cutest old-fashioned ice cream parlor.

Iowa: Big Ass Ice Cream Pie from Graze 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This title is not an exaggeration. It is a big ass ice cream pie. “It’s big, it’s bad, it will freeze your brain!” It is a combo of different ice creams in a chocolate pie crust topped with a variety of sweets and can be found at Graze in Iowa City. Bring your friends cause there is no way you can conquer this beast on your own.

Kansas: French Toast Brulee from Gella’s Diner & Lb Brewing Co. 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you find yourself in Hays, you’ll want to French with this french toast dessert. Cinnamon, cool ice cream, warm caramel, a crisp outer layer, and a gooey inner layer, makes this dessert heaven. Two of the best meals of the day combined into one has never been sweeter.

Kentucky: Louie’s Birthday Party in the Ville! from Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of Pie Kitchen on Facebook

King Louie really knew how to get his party on in Louisville. This bomb ice cream dessert is a slice of yellow cake with caramel and a Snickerdoodle cupcake along with hand churned Birthday Party ice cream, with a caramel drizzle topped with whipped cream. The best part? It comes with a candle, so it gives you a reason to celebrate your bday even when it’s not. Party on.

Louisiana: Pecan Pie with Ice Cream from Camellia Grill

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This is one good ol’ Southern dessert in New Orleans. Sweet, crunchy, and gooey, this pie will give any rival a run for its money. What makes it unique? Camellia Grill will grill your pie to warm it up. You’ll go nuts for this one.

Maine: Chocolate Custard Tart from Caiola’s 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of caiolas.com

Isn’t this tart the prettiest dessert you’ve ever seen? Aesthetic on point. Caiola’s in Portland, ME is known and adored for this ice cream favorite. The chocolate custard tart comes with peanut butter sauce and pretzel ice cream. It’s basically a more sophisticated version of a Reese’s peanut butter cup and so naturally you will want more the moment you are finished.

Maryland: The C.M.P at Woodberry Kitchen

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of baltimoresun.com

C is for chocolate sauce, M is for marshmallow fluff and P is for peanuts. Take those and add on some malted ice cream and you have yourself a C.M.P. 

Massachusetts: Smoked Chocolate Bread Pudding from Alden & Harlow 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of boston.com

This bread pudding can be found in Cambridge, MA and is a new yummy twist on a classic recipe. The chocolate bread pudding mixed with salted ice cream makes for a unique sweet and salty combo. What is the secret? The chef uses hickory smoke to make it. Who knew that could make a dessert taste so good? #ballsy

Michigan: Chocolate Caramel Torte from La Dolce Vita 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of shanghaigirleats.com

This beauty is chocolate cake with vanilla cream layers, topped with cream cheese frosting, hard caramel, and malt gelato on the side and can be found in Ann Arbor. It is 100% worth all the calories and you won’t find a dessert like it anywhere else. After all, chocolate is something all girls need.

Minnesota: Brownie with Strawberries from Manny’s 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of citypages.com

Brownie points for this divine dessert. Found at Manny’s in Minneapolis, you get a huge chunk of a fudge brownie, topped with heaps of whipped cream, whole strawberries, and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. This picture is worth a thousand calories.

Mississippi: Pecan Butter Caramel Crunch Cake from CHAR

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of eatjackson.com

This cake is so good it will have you in tiers. Cinnamon, pecan, caramel, apple, butter, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top makes this one from Jackson an award-winning dessert. Don’t worry, if you can’t get to Mississippi, you can make your own pecan cake.

Missouri: Missouri Butter Cake from Level 2 Steakhouse

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of commdiginews.com

This beauty found in Branson, MO is described as “a luscious, buttery cake topped with bourbon caramel sauce, fresh berries and vanilla ice cream.” Can I get a heck ya? I like this berry much and totally think it is one of the best in the state.

Montana: Pecan Meltaway from Montana’s Rib and Chop House

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

This dessert fit-for-gods is made by Montana’s Rib and Chop House in Billings, MT. It is “a graham cracker crust with a thin layer of homemade caramel. French vanilla ice cream is then stacked on, sprinkled with pecans and then drizzled with Hersheyʼs syrup and whipped cream on top.” It melts your heart is what it does.

Nebraska: Cherry Almond Crumble from Modern Love

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of cadryskitchen.com

This dessert gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside. There’s nothing better than a gooey and fruity crumble with a scoop of cold vanilla bean ice cream on top. Modern Love in Omaha really knows how to dessert.

Nevada: King Kong Sundae from Sugar Factory

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of Miami Mich Blog

Sugar Factory in Las Vegas did not monkey around with this dish. This sensational King Kong Sundae is “16 scoops of ice cream, sprinkles, caramel sauce, hot fudge, strawberry sauce, marshmallows, chocolate chip cookies, crushed waffle cone, gummy bears, fresh banana, walnuts, whipped cream, giant lollipop.” It’s safe to say 10/10 taste-testers would recommend it, emphatically.

New Hampshire: Sticky Toffee Pudding from the Cork N Keg Grill

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of nhmagazine.com

You will wanna keep pudding this in your mouth. Found in Raymond, NH you have to try this “moist pudding cake, served warm with an in-house made smooth toffee sauce and cream.” Yummmmmmmm.

New Jersey: Banana Split Crepe from Whipped Creperie and Dessert Bar

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of whippedcreperie.com

Oh crêpe. This dessert looks heavenly. Whipped Crêperie in Red Banks, NJ is known for this banana split crepe topped with vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry gelato. Not close to NJ? No problem, you can fix yourself something almost as delicious.

New Mexico: Ice Cream Taco from Pop Fizz

ice cream taco

We all scream for this ice cream. You can find this bad boy in Albuquerque, NM, and you can choose from several flavors such as cinnamon churro, cookies and cream, and strawberry.

New York: Forbidden Broadway Sundae from Serendipity 3

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of kevinandamanda.com

You can’t really go wrong with a dessert from Serendipity in NYC, but this one is especially impressive. “Chocolate Blackout cake, ice cream, and hot fudge topped with whipped cream” make this a chocolate lover’s dream. New York has plenty of great desserts, but this one takes the cake.

North Carolina: Candied Bacon Ice Cream Cookie from Crave

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of charlotteobserver.com

This cookie will be bacon your heart one piece at a time. While it sounds like an odd combination, it is a favorite among locals in Charlotte, NC. It has the only food groups you ever need: bacon and ice cream. We are definitely about it and you should be too.

North Dakota: Ice Lolly from Gigi’s Ice Lollies

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of roaminghunger.com

Ice ice baby. These ice lollies found in Fargo not only taste good but make you feel good. They are made with all organic and wholesome ingredients. Try unique flavors like frozen hot chocolate, strawberry basil, or spiced rhubarb and pomegranate. These guys are the perfect treat for a hot summer day.

Ohio: Chocolate Peanut Crunch from Lola Bistro

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of cleveland.com

Indulge in this yummy ice cream dessert found in Cleveland. Peanut butter mousse, almond sponge, roasted banana ice cream, crispy rice, and malted caramel make for a magical finish to any meal. Needless to say this is a must-try if you are in Ohio.

Oklahoma: Roasted Pecan Ice Cream Ball from Cheever’s Cafe

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of onlyinyourstate.com

This dessert looks slightly overwhelming in size, but we promise you (pe)can do it. This Roasted Pecan Ice Cream Ball in Oklahoma City is vanilla ice cream rolled in pecans roasted with brown sugar, cinnamon,  and red chile, then smothered in chocolate sauce.

Oregon: Coconut-Jackfruit Ice Cream Sandwich from Pok Pok 

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of theaccidentalfoodies.blogspot.com

This is definitely one of the most unique ice cream desserts on our list. Keep Portland weird, right? Weird or not, this dish is one of the best in Oregon. The traditional Thai dessert is coconut-jackfruit ice cream served on a sweet bun with peanuts, sweet sticky rice, condensed milk and chocolate syrup.

Pennslyvania: The Lightning Rod from The Franklin Fountain

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Benjamin Franklin himself would’ve been proud of this one-of-a-kind dessert. “A battery of DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIE PIECES charged with COFFEE ice cream bathed in a SHOT of ESPRESSO and zapped by CHOCOLATE COVERED ESPRESSO BEANS, WHITE CHOCOLATE SHAVINGS and conducted by a SALTY PRETZEL ROD.” Chocolate and coffee are all ya need to crush your day. And you can fin what you need in Philly.

Rhode Island: Awful Awful Milkshake at Newport Creamery

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of leftatthefork.net

THESE MILKSHAKES BRING ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD. I promise they are inproperly named and are quite the opposite of awful. These milkshakes in Providence are known for being “awfully big, awfully good.” Awful Awfuls come in flavors like Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mocha, Chocolate Mint, and Coffee. What makes them so different? They use a special ice milk. We don’t know what that means but it’s dank.

South Carolina: Beer Float from Parlor Deluxe

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of postandcourier.com

Boozy ice cream? Yes freakin’ please. These floats are seasonal rotating darker and richer draft beer (think stouts and porters) with a scoop of ice cream, and whipped cream. This sweet boozy beverage is only found in Charleston.

South Dakota: Salty Dawg Sundae from Armadillo’s

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of howtoenjoytheblackhills.com

It was (N)ice to try this dessert found in Rapid City, SD. This sundae contains vanilla ice cream, caramel, marshmallow, and Spanish peanuts. No one will be salty after having this sweet treat.

Tennessee: Cookie Dough Egg Rolls from Jackson’s Bar & Bistro

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of seededatthetable.com

Cookie doughn’t you want some of this? It sure is a favorite of locals in Nashville. This dessert is cookie dough flash-fried in pastry w/ chocolate sauce & vanilla ice cream. My sweet tooth is calling me.

Texas: Popcorn and a Movie from Swift’s Attic

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

This ice cream dessert can be tried right in the heart of Austin. What does Austin do better than music? Desserts, obviously. While it sounds quite unique you must try this. In Texas, popcorn and a movie is butter popcorn gelato, house-made chocolate & peanut butter candy bar, caramel corn, root beer gel. Yum.

Utah: Waffle Monster from Bruges Waffles & Frites

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of imgur.com

Well isn’t this the happiest monster you have ever seen? It makes your tummy super happy too. This little guy is a Liège Waffle stuffed with crunchy speculoos spread, vanilla bean ice cream, and strawberries. The locals’ in Salt Lake City recommend asking for some chocolate on top.

Vermont: Vermonster from Ben & Jerry’s

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of anthonypeoples.wordpress.com

It would be a crime not to get Ben & Jerry’s when in Vermont. This bucket of heaven has 20 scoops of ice cream, 4 sliced bananas, 3 cookies, 1 brownie, hot fudge, caramel, and then you are left to go crazy with whatever toppings your heart desires. Ben and Jerry always have our back. 

Virginia: Ringo Sundae at Doumar’s

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of ciophoto.com

The Ringo found in Hampton Roads, is a blend of homemade Maola vanilla ice cream and crushed waffle cones, topped with hot fudge and a big red cherry. It is a crowd pleaser and fits your tight college budget at only $3.40. Cheap and delicious. That is my kind of ice cream dessert.

Washington: Dark Decadence Molten Cake from Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of seriouseats.com

Just this picture alone makes me drool. This molten cake is made with Seattle’s Theo chocolate, salted caramel and nib toffee, and served up with vanilla ice cream. So it is basically the tall, dark, and handsome of desserts and we are not ashamed that we have a crush on it.

West Virginia: Birthday Cake Milkshake from Almost Heaven Desserts

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of almostheavendessertsandcoffeeshop.com

This sweet treat from Bridgeport, WV will make it feel like any day is your birthday. Plus it looks pretty #instaworthy. Not feeling the milkshake? Almost Heavenly has any kind of dessert you could possibly dream of.

Wisconsin: Cinnamon Roll Sundae from Babe’s Ice Cream

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of babesicecream.com

A gooey cinnamon roll topped with a single scoop of your favorite ice cream drizzled with rich caramel, then topped with crushed cones and whipped cream. Simple, yet ahmazing. Pillsbury Dough Boy is totally jealous of this Milwaukee dessert.

Wyoming: Eskimo Bars from Snake River Grill

ice cream desserts

Photo courtesy of carolineitc.com

This dessert is so bomb.com it was featured on the Food Channel. They make these ice cream bars with artisanal Scharffen Berger chocolate and a rich caramel dipping sauce. Definitely a  must-try in Jackson, WY.

And for the record, I feel no shame for how many puns are in this article.