Breakfast is a favorite meal amongst many. It is an opportunity for delicious food both sweet and savory. Listed below are the best breakfasts from each and every state. Use this breakfast guide when traveling, to try a new breakfast in your state, or simply to look at yummy food you know you can’t eat.

Alabama – Soft Shell Crab Benedict from Brick and Spoon

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @BrickandSpoon on Instagram

Brick and Spoon, located in Orange Beach, Alabama offers a spin on the traditional eggs Benedict. The poached eggs are atop an english muffin, cornmeal dusted soft shell crab, Canadian bacon, and finished with a hollandaise.

Alaska – Country Benedict from Snow City Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Anchorage Alaska’s award winning breakfast spot Snow City Cafe, is known for their country eggs Benedict: fresh biscuits topped with a sausage patty, eggs, and house made gravy. Who needs hollandaise sauce when you can have gravy?

Arizona – Over Easy from Over Easy

breakfast

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Over Easy , located in Arcadia, Gilbert, Mesa and Scottsdale Arizona created a dish that lives up to the restaurants name. The toasted brioche bun is topped with sautéed spinach and scallions, an over easy egg, and drizzled with a smokey gravy that soaks into the brioche bread. And if that is not enough, the breakfast sits in a plate of scattered bacon bits.

Arkansas – Banana Pancakes from The Pancake Shop

breakfast

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

The Pancake Shop in Arkansas is known for… you guessed it, their pancakes. The banana pancakes are the most popular order with tiny bits of banana mixed in the batter, so no bite goes without the yummy banana flavor.

California – Fresh Berry Crepe and Caramel Apple French Toast from Old Vine Cafe

breakfast

Photo Courtesy of @oldvinecafe on Instagram

Old Vine Cafe located in Costa Mesa, California offers two amazing breakfast items utilizing California’s fresh produce: strawberries and apples. Pictured left is Fresh Berry Crepe Stuffed with Fresh Strawberries, Sweet Artisan Ricotta Cheese Mousse, and garnished with Berry Coulis. Pictured right is the Caramel Apple French toast freshly baked & garnished with a Caramel and Chocolate Swirl. If these two items do not leave your mouth watering, I do not know what will.

Colorado – Pancake Flight from Snooze Eatery

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Alessandra Tacconelli

Snooze Eatery, first opened in Colorado, offers an amazing pancake flight which includes a peanut butter chocolate, cinnamon roll, and blueberry danish pancake. Each pancake is made individually with their own amazing sauce. The sauces are so yummy that no syrup is necessary.

Connecticut: Banana Nut and Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Chips Family Restaurant

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Chips Family Restaurant is known for their pancakes. These 5 delicious Banana Nut and Chocolate Chip Pancakes are topped with fresh sliced bananas, chopped pecans, and whipped cream.

Delaware – Candied Pecan Pancakes from Lucky’s Coffee Shop

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Lucky’s Coffee Shop offers an oozy and gooey candied pecan pancake stack that will leave you in awe. Pecan pancakes not fulfilling your pecan fix? Check out these easy 18 minute pecan pie muffins.

Florida – Turtle Stuffed French Toast from Keke’s Breakfast Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @carloseats on Instagram

Keke’s Breakfast Cafe has a memorable french toast stuffed with pecans, caramel, chocolate and cream cheese topped with powdered sugar. This breakfast makes it hard to tell the difference between breakfast and dessert. Want to know how to make your own stuffed from toast? Check out this recipe for PB&J Stuffed French Toast. 

Georgia – Pulled Pork Benedict from West Egg Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

West Egg Cafe in Atlanta, Georgia has a delicious spin on the traditional eggs benedict. Poached eggs placed on top of chipotle barbecue marinated pulled pork, lime aioli, and a house pepper jack cornbread.

Hawaii – Strawberry and Whipped Cream Pancakes from Eggs and Things

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @bambiiiyor on Instagram

Eggs and Things, although known for their egg dishes, has an amazing strawberry pancake breakfast with strawberry whipped cream. Also check out the 50 Best Things to Eat in Honolulu Before You Die.

Idaho – Oatmeal Souffle from Red Feather Lounge

breakfast

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Red Feather Lounge takes a spin on the classic oatmeal and turns it into a sweet breakfast-y dessert; hearty and light all at once.

Illinois – Oreo S’more Pancakes from Wild Berry Pancakes and Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @chloevanderelst on Instagram

Wild Berry Pancakes and Cafe has a gooey marshmallow Oreo Pancake breakfast that will leave your mouth watering and your tummy very happy. Want to make your own oreo pancakes? Check out this recipe: These Bomb Oreo Pancakes Let You Eat Dessert for Breakfast. 

Indiana – Paxton’s Potatoes from Village Deli

breakfast

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Village Deli takes the normal side potatoes and makes them the main breakfast item. The fried potatoes are topped with sausage gravy, grated cheddar cheese, and fresh chives. Don’t forget to check out another fun spin on breakfast potatoes here: These Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Potatoes Will Up Your Breakfast Game.

Iowa – Peanut Butter, Bacon, Banana French Toast from Le Mie

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Yelp.com

Le Mie bakery in Iowa is known for their baked treats but they have a killer french toast. They take a classic peanut butter and banana pairing and combine it with bacon bits all atop two thick pieces of french toast. Want to learn more about Iowa’s secret gems, check out this link: 12 Things the Rest of the Country Should Thank Iowa For.

Kansas – Florentine Benedict from Miltons Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @hot_slice_of_pizza on Instagram

Millions Cafe has an incredible fresh and healthy benedict. Their Florentine Benedict has spinach and fresh sliced tomatoes topped with perfectly poached eggs and hollandaise sauce of course. Want to find out more about what Kansas has to offer? Check out this article on 7 Things the Rest of the Country Should Thank Kansas For. 

Kentucky – S’more Waffles from Lexington Diner

breakfast

Photo coutes y of @lexingtondiner on Instagram

Lexington Diner creates our favorite camping treat, S’mores, and makes it a waffle breakfast. These S’more waffles are topped with roasted mini marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs, and a chocolate drizzle. Want more fun ways to make s’mores? Check out this article about 5 S’mores That Will Upgrade Your Next Camping Trip.

Louisiana – Banana Fosters French Toast from Stanley

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @foodiedarling on Instagram

Stanley restaurant in New Orleans offers a break from the beignets with this Banana Fosters French toast. The battered French Bread is topped with sliced bananas, vanilla bean ice cream, and toasted walnuts with foster sauce. Want to learn more about the best food in New Orleans? Check out this article: The 50 Best Foods to Eat in New Orleans.

Maine – The Deluxe Sandwich from The Palace Diner

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 10.54.54 AM

The Palace Diner in Maine has an amazingly cheesy breakfast sandwich. The Deluxe Breakfast Sandwich has bacon, egg, jalepeno, and a thick slice of cheddar cheese. What to learn how to make your own fun spin on a breakfast sandwich? Checkout this link: How to Make Mini Bagel Breakfast Sliders 

Maryland – Baltimore Benedict from City Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @eatmorebaltimore on Instagram

City Cafe in Baltimore has a fresh crab benedict on a yummy english muffin. Under each egg is a mini crab cake topped with hollandaise sauce. The only thing better than a crab cake is a mini crab cake with a beautifully poached egg on top. Read more about Maryland Crab cakes here: Maryland Crab Cakes

Massachusetts – Red Flannel Hash and Poached Eggs from Henrietta’s Table

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @hxchin on Instagram

Henrietta’s Table has a fun and unusual breakfast. We are used to potato hashes, but Henrietta’s takes a fun spin and makes a bright red flannel hash topped with poached eggs and hollandaise. Want to master the potato hash in your own home, try this recipe: The Perfect Meat and Potato Hangover Hash.

Michigan – Breakfast Poutine from Brooklyn Street Local

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @cookinggnome on Instagram

Brooklyn Street Local combines our two favorite foods: fries and a fried egg. The Breakfast Poutine is a bed of hand cut fries with a sunny side up egg, organic cheese curd and topped with beef gravy.

Minnesota – Peanut Butter Waffle from The Lowry Uptown

breakfast

Photo courtesy of zomato.com

The Lowry Uptown smears creamy peanut butter and drizzles vanilla custard on top of each perfectly crisp waffle. As if it can’t get any better than that, they sprinkle the waffles with bits of candied pecans. Want to read more about Minnesota food? Check out this link: 7 Foods the Rest of America Can Thank Minnesota For.

Mississippi – Southwestern Skillet Scramble from Big Bad Breakfast

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Big Bad Breakfast is not as big and bad as the name says. Their Southwest Skillet Scramble incorporates grilled chicken, onions, jalapeños, corn and cheddar, topped with salsa and crispy torilla strips. Giving you the true southern cooking flavors in a healthier scrambled option. Want to make your own yummy scramble? Check out this recipe: Easy Cheese, Pesto, Veggie and Salmon Breakfast Scramble.

Missouri – S’more French Toast from Half and Half

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @nyceeeeeats on Instagram

Half and Half creates a thick french toast topped with chocolate, fine graham crackers, and toasted marshmallows. The perfect spin on a classic s’more favorite. Want to learn how to make another fun spin on s’mores? Check out this recipe: Drink Your S’mores Indoors with This S’mores Latte Recipe.

Montana – Stuffed French Toast from Steve’s Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @maxpigman on Instagram

Steve’s Cafe has a new stuffed french toast everyday. Each day they incorporate a new flavor in with the ricotta and cream cheese mixture. Pictured above is the Pineapple stuffed french toast. Want to learn another fun recipe with pineapple? Check out this Pineapple Lemonade.

Nebraska – Bread Pudding French Toast from Over Easy

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @overeasyomaha on Instagram

Over Easy takes a spin on the traditional french toast. Their unique french toast is made out of sliced and seared house made bread pudding sitting in a house made creme anglaise sauce.

Nevada – The Short Rib Benedict from The Henry

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @deviinmichelle on Instagram

The Henry in Las Vegas has the best breakfast cure for any hangover. Their spin on the traditional eggs benedict includes braised short ribs, poached eggs, breakfast potatoes, and hollandaise sauce.

New Hampshire – Bill-Grilly Benedict from Purple Finch Cafe’s

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @ykrmk on Instagram

Purple Finch Cafe’s, Bill-Grilly Benedict is two poached eggs over a grilled corned beef hash on two grilled english muffins topped with hollandaise. Want to make your own english muffin breakfast? Check out this recipe: Avocado English Muffin With Roasted Garlic and Prosciutto.

New Jersey – Grits Special from Sam A.M.

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @sam_am_cafe on Instagram

Sam A.M. makes a yummy grits breakfast. Each week they have a new grits breakfast special with a fried egg and shredded cheese on top. Sometimes they add in meat, mushrooms, or even stuffed bell pepper.

New Mexico – Atole Pinon Hotcakes from Tecolote Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Tecolote Cafe in Santa Fe adds toasted pine nuts into the crunchy cornmeal hotcakes. The yummy nutty flavor and cornmeal base makes the pancakes stand out from the normal buttermilk pancake stack. Want to try another fun recipe that uses pine nuts? Check out this Brussel sprouts recipe: Brussels Sprouts with Roasted Pine Nuts and Bacon

New York City – Steamed Oeufs from Buvette

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @thatcandylife on Instagram

Buvette takes the basic scrambled eggs and makes it a fancy breakfast dish. The steamed scrambled eggs are on top of roasted sourdough, topped with prosciutto or smoked salmon. Want to try out another fun recipe with prosciutto? Check out this recipe: Avocado English Muffin With Roasted Garlic and Prosciutto

North Carolina – Fried Chicken Biscuit from Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen

breakfast

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen makes a killer fried chicken biscuit sandwich. Each biscuit is buttered as it comes out of the oven and then stuffed with a piece of crispy fried chicken. Want to discover more biscuits in North Carolina? Check out this article: 8 Must-Try Biscuits in Asheville, North Carolina

North Dakota – Rancher Skillet from Kroll’s Diner

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Foodnetwork.com

Kroll’s Diner is a favorite for all the locals. The dish is the rancher scramble which features a sizzling skillet with eggs, ham, onions, peppers, and fried potatoes.

Ohio – Grilled Cinnamon Roll form Skillet

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @ahmadh443 on Instagram

Skillet takes an already amazing creation such as the cinnamon roll and seems to make it even more yummy. They grill the cinnamon roll after baking it to give it the crispy outside and keep the inside nice and gooey. And finally, they drizzle a brown sugar and powdered sugar glaze to top it all off.

Oklahoma – Blueberry Sunrise from Craft Waffle Sandwiches

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @wafflechampion on Instagram

Craft Waffle Sandwiches has made the best dessert/breakfast waffle ever. They top a thin waffle with blueberry-thyme compote, lemon-goat cheese spread and top it with oat crumble and powdered sugar. Want to learn how to make your own recipe with blue berry compote? Check out this recipe: Classic Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote.

Oregon – Oreo White Chocolate Waffle from Off the Waffle

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @charlottebriscoe on Instagram

Off the Waffle is a great place for a savory or sweet waffle. This waffle could cure any sweet craving. The waffle is topped with oreo chunks and mini white chocolate chips. It is drizzled with a white chocolate and milk chocolate sauce… can we say yum? Want to learn how to make your own dessert waffles? Check out this article: How to Make a Churro Waffle.

Pennsylvania – Stuffed Challah French Toast from Sabrina’s Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @sabrinascafe on Instagram

Sabrina’s Cafe is known for their stuffed french toast. This particular french toast is filled with farmers cream cheese and topped with bananas and vanilla bean syrup. How good does that combo sound? Want to discover more of what philly has to offer? Check out this article: The Ultimate Guide to Philly’s Hybrid Foods.

Rhode Island – Brockway Benedict from Brockway On Wickenden

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @kelchupp on Instagram

Brockway On Wickenden has an amazing variety of Benedicts. Best of all is their lox Benedict; an english muffin topped with lox, poached eggs, and a creamy hollandaise sauce. In the mood for more yummy breakfasts with lox? Check out this recipe: How to Make Mini Bagel Breakfast Sliders.

South Carolina – Hot Little Biscuit from Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @jlightphoto on Instagram

Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits are not as little as they may sound. Each biscuit is made to order. Customers can choose from buttermilk, cheese chive or shortcake biscuits and then get to choose their add ins: country ham, bacon, cinnamon, or blackberry. Want to learn how to make your own biscuit breakfast? Check out this recipe: Easy Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Bombs

South Dakota – Buffalo Steak Tips and Eggs from Blue Bell Lodge

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Foodnetwork.com

Blue Bell Lodge has a breakfast skillet packed with buffalo steak tips, eggs, hash browns and toast. It doesn’t get much hardier and yummier than that.

Tennessee – “Jack” Egg Sandwich from The Capitol Grill

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Foodnetwork.com

The Capitol Grill in Nashville has an amazingly gooey egg sandwich that has a bit of a twist to it. The sandwich has an egg, hog-jowl bacon, and tomato gravy between two pieces of french toast soaked in Jack Daniels, the locals favorite drink. Need more Nashville brunch spots in your life? Check out this article: 5 Nashville Brunch Spots You’ve Gotta Try.

Texas – Cream Cheese Stuffed Berry French Toast from Kozy Kitchen

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @trycaviardallas on Instagram

Kozy Kitchen is famous for their Challah French Toast stuffed with a yogurt cream cheese filling, fresh bananas and a berry compote. Want to read more about Dallas brunches? Check out this article: 5 Dallas Brunches That Prove Everything is Bigger in Texas.

Utah – Famous Scones from Sill’s Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Sill’s Cafe

Sill’s Cafe is famous for what Utah calls a scone. Most of the country knows a scone to be a biscuit like pastry, but in Utah it’s a patty of deep fried dough, similar to what a flat doughnut would be like. Sill’s Cafe smears their scones with delicious honey butter.

Vermont – Banana Walnut Pancakes from Mirabelle’s Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @laurentucker on Instagram

Mirabelle’s Cafe takes perfectly cooked thin pancakes and tops them with candied walnuts and bananas, for a simple, yet delicious breakfast.

Virginia – Lemon Marmalade French Toast from 821 Cafe

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @821cafe on Instagram

821 Cafe has a delicious and decadent french toast. The french toast pictured above is a lemon marmalade French Toast with grilled brie and blueberries. Want to make more yummy breakfast items with brie? Check out this recipe: Dark Chocolate, Raspberry and Brie Grilled Cheese.

Washington – Corned Beef Mash from The Braeburn Restaurant

breakfast

Photo courtesy of Foodnetwork.com

The Braeburn Restaurant created a delicious and tasteful mash with corned beef, garlic mashed potatoes, and Irish cheese, topped with three perfectly cooked eggs. On the side are two pieces of marble rye bread for dipping and soaking up the rest of the egg yolk and yummy flavors.

Washington D.C. – Lox Poached Egg from Roofers Union

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @roofersuniondc on Instagram

Roofers Union in Washington D.C. has the most perfect, yolk oozing poached egg. The poached egg is combined with cured salmon and a crispy english muffin, to make a perfect open faced breakfast sandwich. Want to try more brunch options in D.C.? Check out this article: The 15 Best Bottomless Brunches in DC.

West Virginia – Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast from First Watch

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @anggbennett on Instagram

First Watch in West Virginia has an amazing play on our favorite dessert option: Strawberry Cheesecake. Their Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast is a house made sourdough French toast stuffed with cream cheese custard and topped with fresh strawberries, graham crackers, and powdered sugar.

Wisconsin – Brioche Berry French Toast from Marigold Kitchen

breakfast

Photo courtesy of @brandjarvus on Instagram

Marigold Kitchen makes their french toast prettier and tastier than most others. They use brioche bread drizzled with pastry cream, berry pure, seasonal berries, shaved almonds, and pure Wisconsin maple syrup. Need more yummy Wisconsin food in your life? Check out this article: 9 Crazy But Delicious Foods Wisconsin Does Best.

Wyoming – Avocado and Roasted Tomato Toast from Picnic

breakfast

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Picnic in Jackson Hole Wyoming has an amazing mouth watering avocado toast. Their avo toast includes multigrain bread, avocado­, radish, roasted tomato, feta, pumpkin seeds, cracked pepper, and sea salt.