With the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie hitting theaters, what better time to talk about rum? If you're looking to get drunk, and rum is your goto, them I'm your girl.  When it comes to rum, the term "proof" is going to be used. Culinary Lore gave the best explanation of what "proof" means, "The scale goes from 1 to 200. In the United States, the actual alcohol content, by volume, is half of whatever the proof number reads, so that a 200 proof liquor is 100% alcohol and a 100 proof liquor is 50% alcohol by volume."I did the research and looked at the facts to bring your a cumulative list of the strangest rums in the world. 

1. Sunset Very Strong Rum

Sunset Very Strong Rum has an 84.5% alcohol by volume content. It has made lists such as, 10 Alcoholic Drinks So Strong They Can Knock the Manliest of You, for being "one of the world's most robust rum." It was also named the 2016 World's Best Overproof Rum. You can get your very own bottle from The Whiskey Exchange for $44.82. 

2. Stroh 80 Rum 

This Austrian favorite contains 80% by volume. It is known for its immense potency. You can get get from The Whiskey Exchange for $31.91. 

#Spoontip: Try it in coffee.

3. John Crow Batty Rum

Travel and Leisure calls John Crow Batty Rum, "Jamaican white rum is the country's version of moonshine." It is 160 proof with a content of 80% alcohol by volume. From Sampars, you can get a 200ML bottle for $4.01.

4. Bacardi 151

This rum was named for its alcohol proof level of 151. If you're wondering, that's 75.5% alcohol by volume.  Sadly, Bacardi 151 was discontinued in the United States in 2016 after being launched in 1981. However, if you're really curious, you can get a bottle on eBay for about $130.

5. Clarke's Court Spiced Rum

From Grenada, Clark's Court Spiced Rum as a 69% alcohol content. It is known for being a delicious spiced rum. You can buy a bottle from Master of Malt for $43.60.

You can use this new knowledge of the top five strongest rums in the world to impress your future in-laws or as first date conversation if your run out of other things to talk about. Use this information wisely and always drink responsibly.