Whether you’re working on your gut health or simply trying to cure a hangover, keep reading. This fermented beverage (you heard me right, it contains alcohol #turnup) usually has 3-4 strains of bacteria that naturally live in your gut and help you digest. Unless you want to make your own kombucha, get ready to hit up Whole Foods and spend some cash…I spent about $72. Once you add in the Birkenstocks and yoga mat, your wallet will be empty.

5. Bragg

kombucha

Photo by Mollie White

Bragg definitely ranks best in nutritional content, but tastes exactly like apple cider vinegar. I knew it was good for me so I tried to finish it all, but had to pour last few sips of kombucha down the drain. It was a humbling experience, to say the least.

4. Aqua ViTea

kombucha

Photo courtesy of @aquaviteakombucha on Instagram

This kombucha tea, which is microbrewed in Vermont, can only be acquired on tap at special locations. This means it’s always fresh and that shines through in the drink. You can also save money by bringing back and reusing the glass bottle.

3. Health-Ade

kombucha

Photo by Mollie White

This brand is pretty strong, so I had to drink it over the course of the entire day. At least I felt like I got the most of my money. I could feel the ginger burning down my throat similar to a tequila shot going down.

2. KeVita

kombucha

Photo by Mollie White

KeVita has just the right amount of sparkle and taste. I love mojitos, but non-alcoholic, bacteria-infused mojitos… not so much. KeVita has plenty of other delicious kombucha flavors like lemon-ginger that I would choose over this one.

1. GT’s

kombucha

Photo by Mollie White

GT’s is my all-time favorite Kombucha and easily takes first place. The Gingerade is great for a first time drinker because it’s not too exotic. If you’re feeling frisky, try one of their Synergy drinks loaded with chia seeds for some funky texture.

#SpoonTip: Get this drink for $2.99 at Trader Joe’s, opposed to $3.69 at Whole Foods.