Yes, that’s right. It’s that time of year again where families all over gather around a huge turkey, debate about politics, and most importantly, show appreciation for what they are thankful for.

What better way to tell of Thanksgiving Dinner than the characters of How I Met Your Mother?

1. When your mom pulls out your Thanksgiving artwork from 3rd grade.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Oh, the memories. Every year, the same decorations are taken out. Some of the best include your cutout turkeys, handprints turkeys, and, of course, the turkey paintings.

2. The feast.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Ah, it’s finally arrived. Turkey and stuffing to the face. You can’t stop, and you won’t stop, this is the moment you have waited for. Take that last scoop of mashed potatoes. Pour on that gravy. Hog that plate of stuffing. This is your moment.

3. Time to pile on more.

Thanksgiving Dinner

You might be hurting at this point but no excuses. Seconds or leave.

4. That one person who takes all the food.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Maybe it’s your snarky cousin, or maybe it’s your aunt. But each Thanksgiving dinner has one person that leaves no food for everyone else. One second there’s a nice bowl full of stuffing and two seconds later — all gone. Make sure to pounce on that food.

5. Dessert.

Thanksgiving Dinner

There is nothing quite more beautiful than the sight of a various array of homemade pies, delicious cookies, and pumpkin bread laying out for your choosing. Dig in, my friend. It’s time to prove that you’re a beast.

6. That one relative that asks a thousand personal questions.

Thanksgiving Dinner

What’s your relationship status? How are your grades? Have you started looking for internships? What classes are you taking? What activities are you involved in?

Stay away as best as you can.

7. Post-Meal(s)

Thanksgiving Dinner

You did it. You accomplished everything you wanted to. Go get some rest. You got some great leftovers to look forward to, so get ready.