Ever wonder why some people decide to drink tea each morning instead of coffee? It turns out that coffee actually has negative effects on your body (besides just yellowing your teeth.) Here are 10 reasons why choosing tea over coffee is always a good idea:
1. Tea can aid weight loss. (Who doesn’t love that?)
The EGCG and caffeine in green tea shrinks fat cells and makes muscle cells more active. Green tea is known for kick starting your metabolism.
2. Tea helps protect your bones.
A recent study shows that people who drink tea have healthy, strong bones and are less likely to develop osteoporosis.
3. Tea hydrates the body and replenishes fluid loss.
Because tea is just H2O with a little flavor, drinking it hot or cold replaces any fluid that you may have lost throughout the day, hydrating your body and skin.
4. Tea has a higher concentration of antioxidants, which may be more effective in preventing diseases.
5. Coffee raises cholesterol. Tea does not.
6. Over 1000 chemicals have been found in roasted coffee (19 of them being known carcinogens).
That can’t be too healthy.
7. Tea has an anti-aging potential due to its antioxidants and can prevent heart disease.
The antioxidants in tea are great resources for keeping your body looking and feeling fantastic.
8. 3 to 4 cups of tea a day can prevent heart attacks and cancer.
The antioxidants in tea combat harmful chemicals in the blood and improve the blood vessels’ ability to relax.
9. People who drink 4 cups of tea a day have lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
Tea can be used as an anti-depressant and can boost your mood.
10. Tea contains fluoride, which protects teeth.
Drinking the right amount of fluoride can be good for your teeth, unlike coffee that leads to discoloration.