Whoa, how did the semester go by so quickly? How is my favorite holiday (since college) almost here already? No lie, St. Patty’s is undoubtedly the worst and best weekend in college.  Pro: Alcohol. Con: The next morning.

On any college campus, St. Patty’s day is filled with an emerald sea of students wearing “Kiss Me, I’m Irish shirts,” donning oversized four-leaf clover costumes and drinking questionable amounts of green-colored beverages. Whatever you decide to do that weekend (with or without alcohol), check out a few of the events that are happening on campus (a.k.a. FREE FOOD ALL DAY).

Alcohol Safety Awareness Diag Day

Get pumped for St. Patty’s day with delicious treats and tons of green $wag, such as beads, bracelets and sunglasses thanks to LSA Student Government’s SG Health and Student Life Committee. The event’s goal is to help students stay safe and make responsible decisions when it comes to alcohol.

Location: Diag
Date and Time: Thursday, March 13, 12-3 pm

Wild, Wild, Umix!

The highlights of this event include a mechanical bull (wut), a midnight buffet, and a Western-themed obstacle course. AKA, I’m in.

Location: Michigan Union
Date and Time: Friday, March 14 from 10 pm – 2 am

Shamrock it!

Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day weekend in the Union with an all-green breakfast buffet, including herbed eggs and hash browns with green onion and pepper, root beer floats, trivia and a screening of the movie “Frozen.”

Location: Michigan Union
Date and Time: Saturday March 15, 9 pm- Midnight

Stay In the Blue on a Green Day!

Enjoy green donuts and free water bottles thanks to Wolverine Wellness, PULSE, Dean of Students Office and LSA Student Government.

Location #1: Corner of North U. & State St.

Location #2: Corner of South U. & East U.

Date/Time: Monday, March 17 (All Day)

Dining Halls

Check out your dining halls’ menu that Monday for a delicious Irish-themed meal. You can find me @ North Quad’s ‘zerts section (please don’t).
nike air max moto
Overall take home message: Have fun, stay safe and eat only green foods.