Monday mornings are the worst. You're usually still tired from the weekend or fell asleep at 3 am finishing up that English essay. If you're that person who cringes at the sound of your alarm clock, I have the solution for you — salt and honey (sounds sketch, but trust me). The internet has been going nuts over this magical concoction that'll make you a morning person, so read up. 

Beauty Sleep Is No Myth

It is said that humans sleep 33% of their lives — about eight hours each day. Without this, it'd be impossible to get up and deal with your crazy life. Now, something many people don't know is that there are two important things that decide if you're going to need that large coffee in the morning or not: how long you sleep and how deep you sleep. This is where the salt comes in...

What You'll Need

beer, coffee, tea
Tatum Kelly

1. 5 Teaspoons of Organic Raw Honey

2. 1 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt

Mix these two ingredients together, place em' under your tongue before bed, and let em' dissolve — and boom! You'll forget what tired even feels like.  

WTF Salt?!

sweet, cream
Aakanksha Joshi

Himalayan salt contains many minerals, including magnesium, which instills relaxation. These minerals will calm you down and help you sleep longer. You'll want to spike all your drinks with this stuff once you get a load of it.

Honey, Honey

coffee, tea
Tatum Kelly

Taking a spoonful of honey before bed supplies your liver with glucose, which allows for detoxification, circulation, and tons of other good stuff so that your body can re-boot while you take a snooze. It also helps the brain make more melatonin, which will knock you right out as soon as your head hits the pillow.

If You Want This to Work...

pizza, beer, tea, coffee
Rebecca Block

Now, if you want this to work, and I mean really work, there will be some other things that you'll have to consider. For example, it would be a good idea to turn off your phone while trying to sleep and, if you can resist, to not munch on anything late at night.

While there are certainly other stimuli that can create a bad night's sleep, give this a try and I swear it will be your best sleep yet. Follow this guide and you'll be much less likely to wake up with that terrible tired feeling.