This lime simple syrup will make your next pregame feel like an exciting occasion. It’s really cheap to make and only takes a few minutes to throw together, and it’s guaranteed to add a fancy touch to your drinks and impress your friends. Pour a dash of it into almost any mixed drink to transform it into a tasty cocktail.
Lime Simple Syrup
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
Servings: 1 ½ cups
½ cup sugar
1 ½ cups water
- Use a grater to zest the lime.
- Combine sugar, water, lime zest, and lime juice in a saucepan.
- Cook over high heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour through a strainer to remove lime zest.
- Cool for 45 minutes.
- Add to any cocktail and enjoy. Syrup can be kept refrigerated in a glass container for up to one month.