From across the nation, representing all different schools, these seven ladies came together this summer in NYC to intern for Spoon. Check out this video and their bios to learn more about the people behind the scenes!

Amy Schulman

Summer Interns

Photo by Becky Hughes

Amy is a rising junior at Franklin & Marshall College and an editorial intern at Spoon this summer. When she is not scouring the streets of New York City for the most decadent scoop of chocolate ice cream (the results of which have thus far ended in a three way tie, by the way), she is usually drooling over a burger or fantasizing about her future semester abroad in Paris.

Becky Hughes

Summer Interns

Photo by Mira Nguyen

Becky is a rising sophomore at New York University and a photography intern at Spoon. Interests include drinking kombucha, loitering around farmers markets and eating meals that go on forever (her restaurant-sitting record is 4.5 hours). She loves cooking almost as much as she loves eating—and she’s only set off her building’s smoke alarm once this summer.

Erica Sloan

Summer Interns

Photo by Becky Hughes

Erica is a rising sophomore at Washington University in St. Louis and an editorial intern at Spoon this summer. She went to a performing arts high school for ballet and is often prone to solo spontaneous dance parties. When she is not in ballet class, blogging about her summer in NYC or making her latest salad creation, she is probably editing an Instagram picture or looking up a cool new restaurant. Her guilty pleasures include peanut butter in large quantities (straight from the container with a spoon), all types of frozen desserts and cheesy romantic comedies.

Julia Liss

Summer Interns

Photo by Becky Hughes

Julia is a rising junior at the University of Michigan and an editorial intern at Spoon. As she is from New Jersey, she can fully appreciate good Italian food and a New York bagel. She has a weakness for crepes and French macarons, but hates cupcakes and most other pastries. When she isn’t thinking about her next meal, she loves spending time with her two dogs, exploring NYC and practicing her bartending skills (she’s a licensed bartender!).

Mira Nguyen

Summer Interns

Photo by Becky Hughes

Mira is a rising junior at UC Berkeley and a video intern at Spoon. She is a San Diego native and so when she isn’t at the beach, she spends a lot of her free time binge-watching The Mindy Project and debating whether or not to buy a carne asada burrito. You’ll most likely find her meandering somewhere by herself with a croissant or banana in hand because those are two of her favorite foods.

Nikki Stricker

Summer Interns

Photo by Becky Hughes

Nikki is a rising sophomore at the University of Wisconsin- Madison and a marketing intern at Spoon this summer. Since she is from Long Island and has access to a bunch of different cuisines, she LOVES trying new, ethnic food (especially if it’s Asian or Latin American). She has a mild obsession with any kind of rice and her major food struggle is forgetting to say decaf when she orders coffee since she is so naturally energetic. She is a self-proclaimed foodie and proudly lives her life meal to meal.

Rachel Williamson

Summer Interns

Photo by Becky Hughes

Rachel is a rising senior at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and an editorial intern at Spoon this summer. She grew up in a small town, but spent her past semester abroad in London and is currently an editorial intern for Spoon. She loves long drives through the country and eating homemade key lime pie. As an aspiring novelist, she can be found drinking copious amounts of coffee and reading the cheesiest young adult novels known to mankind. One day she hopes to be as sophisticated as Olivia Pope (including her diet of red wine and popcorn), but in the meantime she will continue to binge watch Scandal and try not to eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry’s in one sitting. Even though she can. And is proud of it.