A day of shopping can be pretty exhausting. A lot of the time though, you find that the money you set aside for food at the end of your spree is no longer there…but you still have to eat. The food court in the mall is usually packed with a wide variety of dinner options at relatively low prices, so fear not, the food court is hackable.

1. Share

food court

Chances are you are at the mall with a friend who also spent a little more than they could have. If the two of you get two small meals, you can combine them and share. Just make sure to get meals that complement each other; if you get rice and chicken from a Chinese place, they can get lo mien and beef so you can combine it all and get all four things you want. Or if you’re craving a delicious chicken dinner, make sure the two of you get different sides like corn, potatoes, and biscuits so you can pay for half but get to have a variety of sides. Make sure to pick a place that gives water cups for free.

2. Plan Ahead

food court

Many of the places in food courts have websites online, many even on your mall website. Check out what coupons and promotions they have before you go shopping and plan your shopping days around not only your clothing but your food as well. This way you can get the best out of your money in both areas.

3. Take a Lap

food court

This hack is the easiest of them all because you don’t spend any money. Take a lap around the food court. Usually there are people giving out free samples at a majority of the different vendors. This might not fill you up all the way, but it is good for those days you aren’t extremely hungry After sampling, it will also help you decide what you would want to buy because you know what you like already.