I don’t know about y’all, but LSU is currently staggering its way through the end of the semester, and I know we could all use a pick-me-up. And it just so happens to be Cinco de Mayo…

What’s better comfort food than literally anything with a little Mexican flavor? Make your next study break a fiesta with our handy little list of ways to celebrate the day without having to leave your room. Besides, it’s the end of the semester. We know you wanna spend all those extra Paw Points.

Chips and Salsa

cinco de mayo

Cliché, I know. But if you run down to the Take 5 or for our non-LSU peeps, whatever campus convenience store you’ve got, and pick up some Tostitos and a jar of salsa, you’re already halfway there. It’s an extremely do-able snack (literally just open the bag and pop off a jar lid) and it is bound to make studying just a little bit better.

Mood Music For Chips-and-Salsa-Eating

cinco de mayo

There is a Mariachi Pandora station that you need to use. It’s all about setting the tone, right? Cinco de Mayo can be a party in your dorm, and what’s a party without music? Go ahead and rock out while feasting on chips and salsa, we won’t judge you a bit.

Piñatas

cinco de mayo

Do you need any excuse for candy?

We all loved piñatas as kids, and that doesn’t mean we have to stop. Because the semester’s almost over, there’s bound to be cardboard boxes laying around for move-out day. Rack up on your favorite candy and fill up the box, string it up somewhere in your dorm room, grab some friends, and go to town. Come to think of it, breaking open a box is probably a great stress reliever. Just in time for finals too.

(If your RA asks, bribe them with candy.)

Virgin Margaritas

cinco de mayo

Unfortunately most dorms don’t allow alcohol, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get creative. What better way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo than with margaritas? This might take a quick trip to the grocery store for the frozen limeade concentrate and limes, but you can whip this up in your room or dorm kitchen. Follow the steps here and sip on this goodness in minutes.

Guacamole

cinco de mayo

Gif courtesy of bustle.com

Sabra makes guac you can get in a little container, and it’s actually pretty popular. Check the Take 5 or whatever campus store you’ve got and see about picking some up with the few Paw Points you’ve got left. It’ll add a little variety to the chips and salsa you’ve got going, and who doesn’t love guacamole? Every dorm room fiesta needs it.

Plus, since it’s Cinco de Mayo, you can bet everyone will be at the Chipotle near campus, and you’ll have the satisfaction of an entire container to yourself, and it won’t cost extra.

So there ya go. Food, music, drinks…it’s all here. You can officially do Cinco de Mayo the college way, and maybe take off some exam stress. Go have the fiesta of a lifetime in your dorm room, and be careful with those homemade piñatas, folks.

cinco de mayo

Wanna keep the celebration going? Check out these articles: