There are two things that Dunkin Donuts is known for: coffee and donuts. While we all want those delicious donuts on the shelves, we always opt for a drink to go because we think that that is the healthier option.

Well, donut lovers rejoice because it turns out that the sugar content in those delicious drinks are A LOT more sugary than those sweet little munchkins. How much more sugary, you ask? We’ve created a chart to show you just how many Munchkins you can munch on for the sugar content of one drink.

dunkin donuts

Photo by Elena Bailoni

To calculate the number of Munchkins per drink, I divided the grams of sugar in each Dunkin Donuts drink by the grams of sugar in one Munchkin. For example, one powdered munchkin contains 3 grams of sugar and a Hazelnut Swirl Iced Coffee contains 48 grams of sugar. Therefore, the number of Munchkins in one Hazelnut Swirl Iced Coffee is 16 Munchkins (48/3 = 16).

All nutritional information comes from Dunkin Donuts’ website and is based on a large size drink. The number of Munchkins has been rounded to the nearest whole.

dunkin donuts

Photo by Samantha Cooper

Even the least sugary drink they serve, a cappuccino, has the equivalent sugar content of 4 Munchkins. If you want my advice, I’d go for a few munchkins and a big ‘ol glass of water to wash them down with instead of splurging on a sugary drink. That way, you get to treat yo self without the very real risk of diabetes.

dunkin donuts

Photo by Elena Bailoni

Also, you can save some cash and make some all natural coffee at home with a packet of stevia or two four for a much-needed caffeine boost. Regardless of your drink of choice, teach America to run on their own two feet, not Dunkin’s sugary drinks. If you’re into Sbucks, find out how many Oreos are in your favorite Starbucks drinks here.