Starbucks recently stated that they would be changing the new reward system in April. Stars will be rewarded by what you buy, not how often you visit. Those trying to reach gold status or maintain the gold status, will need to earn 300 stars/spend $150 to earn the title “gold member” rather than 30 visits. And instead of the 12 visits for a free drink, customers will need to spend an average of $62.50 before they earn the free drink. Is this new change worth it?

We calculated a few drink favorites to show you how many of the same drinks you need to purchase in a year to maintain your coveted gold membership. (Remember, this is at the rate that you are earning 2 stars for every $1. There are always those special “Bonus Days” to earn extra stars. So when the new rewards system starts, keep your eye out for those to earn stars at a faster rate).

40 Tall Caramel Macchiatos

starbucks

Photo courtesy of @starbucks on Instagram

You and your significant other could go on 20 dates to Starbucks and enjoy this drink at every date. Let’s hope you both enjoy caramel macchiatos. Ever wondered what’s really in your macchiato? Learn more here.

51 Tall Caffe Lattes

starbucks

You need to buy a tall caffe latte at least once a week to be golden. If you want, you can splurge on a grande from time to time and maybe you’ll achieve gold status faster. And maybe if you’re lucky, your caffe latte could have some cool artwork. To view some awesome latte art, check out what goes down at UCSD’s Latte Art Throwdown.

67 Tall Iced Coffees

starbucks

Let’s hope there’s enough warm days to enjoy this chilled iced drink 67 times.

31 Grande Seasonal Frappuccinos

starbucks

Seasonal Frappuccinos include items like Peppermint Mocha and Pumpkin Spice Latte. These drinks come one time a year, cost a little more, and you’ll need to find these rare drinks and enjoy them at least 31 times to maintain gold. Find out which Starbucks holiday drinks pass our taste test.

34 Grande Caramel/Mocha Frappuccinos

starbucks

Photo courtesy of @frappuccino on Instagram

A Caramel Frappuccino is my go-to favorite. But, now I need to make four extra visits to keep my gold card. While you’re at it, check out these Ccaramel Frappuccino cupcakes to further satisfy for all your caramel cravings.

38 Grande Vanilla Bean Creme Frappuccinos

starbucks

Remember those days when we couldn’t have caffeine so we ordered the innocent caffeine free drink? Well, let’s hope when you still love caffeine-free drinks still. Looking to branch out a little? Check out these 6 Frappuccino flavors.

44 Grande Refreshers

starbucks

You and three friends should go out once a month for a Starbucks meet up and enjoy grande refreshers. And for the one month in California that’s way too cold to enjoy a refresher, you can enjoy some hot chocolate instead. Or, check out this recipe for a Refreshing Mint Watermelon Smoothie.

51 Grande Black Tea Lemonades

starbucks

There’s 52 weeks in a year. So that means you’ll need to buy a Grande Black Tea Lemonade once a week to reach $150. It’s never too early to prepare for National Iced Tea Day, so check out these must-try refreshing drinks.

72 Grande Freshly Brewed Coffees

starbucks

Photo courtesy of @starbuckscanada on Instagram

For those people who need that freshly brewed coffee every morning, you’ll need to purchase a little more than double than before to maintain gold level. Or you could save that $150 and brew your coffee at home. We’ve got the secret to brewing the perfect cup of freshly brewed coffee.

36 Grande Chai Tea Lattes

starbucks

We’ll do the math for you here. Purchase a Grande Chai Tea Latte three times a month for the entire year and you’ll reach your gold card goals. Learn more about why Oprah’s Chai Tea has been appearing in your local Starbucks and why it should be part of your favorite things.

77 Birthday Cake Pops

starbucks

The chances that you will only order one birthday cake pop is a little rare. But there are those chances when you’ll need 77 birthday cake pops. You could get 77 friends and throw a party right now. Want to learn how to make your own awesome cake pops instead? Check out this recipe.

62 Classic Coffee Cakes

starbucks

Sometimes study jams require you to have an extra snack. Let’s hope you’re not studying at a Starbucks 62 times and craving something sweet because you’ll have a toothache by the end of your study sesh. Trying to save those dollars but still craving something sweet? Try making these mug muffin recipes in your microwave.

40 Turkey Bacon Breakfast Sandwiches

starbucks

For all those times you needed a quick grab and go breakfast. Let’s hope you’re running late to class at least 40 times so you can get your gold status renewed. For those days when you have the time and want to exercise your creativity, check out these 11 easy and creative breakfast sandwiches that you can make in your dining hall.