Dorm life and healthy living are two phrases that don’t go together. Typically, dorms don’t have a nice big kitchen where you can cook these extravagant, healthy meals filled with veggies and protein. Campus food is usually just a quick, cheap option, so it can be very difficult to find healthy options. Here’s a compiled list of some of the healthiest options (some still aren’t extremely healthy, but better than the other options) on Auburn’s Campus, particularly the Student Center and Haley Center to help prevent the Freshman 15 or Sophomore 30.

Au Bon Pain

Whole Wheat Skinny Bagel

Photo by: nutripromag.com

At only 90 calories, 1 gram of sugar, 5 grams of protein and 1 gram of fat, this bagel is a great quick breakfast option. Don’t like your bagels plain? Pair with Reduced Fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese spread for only 90 additional calories and only 2 additional sugars.

Egg Whites & Cheddar on Skinny Wheat Bagel

Photo by: aubonpain.com

Wanna add a little flavor to your meal? This is a good option if you have the time to wait in the sandwich line. With only 210 calories, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 1 gram of sugar, and 19 grams of protein, this breakfast sandwich is delicious and gives you tons of nutrients.

Classic Oatmeal

Photo by Becky Hughes

Want something to warm you up? Try the oatmeal. A small is only 170 calories, 1 gram of sugar, 0 grams of saturated fats, and 6 grams of protein. What a bargain. Add fruit or brown sugar for some extra flavor.

Garden & Avocado Wrap

burritoA delicious veggie and nutrient filled option never seemed so good. At only 370 calories, 2.5 grams of saturated fat, 6 grams of sugar, and 11 grams of protein, us veggie lovers are getting all of our nutrients and then some.

12 Veggies Soup

Photo by: furtherfood.com

Loaded with veggies, this soup is a great option. A small is only 120 calories, 0 grams of saturated fat, 7 grams of sugar, and 3 grams of protein. Pair with a half sandwich or side salad if you want something a little extra.

Side Garden Salad

Photo by: yelp.com

Looking for something small and on the go? Well you’ve found the perfect match. This side salad is only 50 calories, 0 grams of fat, 5 grams of sugar, and 2 grams of protein. While its not the most nutrient filled option, it is quick and easy. Pair it with Fat Free White Balsamic Vinaigrette (60 cals) or a Lite Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette (80 cals) in order to add some flavor and not too many calories.

Avocado BLT (Half)

Photo by: prweb.com

Got a good bit of time? Order an avocado BLT. With only 550 calories, 7 grams of saturated fat, 3 grams of sugar, and 22 grams of protein, this is a great lunch option. Pair it with a side salad or soup if you’re extra hungry.

Go Greek

Grits

Photo by: cookistry.com

Looking for some southern cooking? Enjoy a bowl of grits. They’re only 70 calories, 0 grams of sugar and saturated fats, and 1 gram of protein. While the sodium is 170 mg, this is still a good option if you’re looking to switch up your options a little bit.

Fresh Fruit Salad

Photo by: Anna Hirschorn

Feeling healthy? Grab a cup of fruit on the go. It’s only 45 calories, 10 grams of sugar, and 0 grams of fat. And you also get your daily fruits to fill up your food pyramid.

Rho Summer Oatmeal

Photo by: Becky Hughes

Craving something warm and sweet? Walk over to go greek for a healthy, small option.At only 230 calories, 4 grams of dietary fiber, 8 grams of protein, and 4 grams of total fat, this breakfast can’t be beat! Just watch out for the 20 grams of sugar.

Blue Plate Special

Photo by: Mackenzie Barth

If you are feeling really hunger, this plate is for you. It includes eggs, a choice of meat, and a side. You have to watch out because the sides and meat change everyday. For the meat, choose the bacon over sausage. Bacon generally has fewer calories than sausage. However, the healthiest option would be to avoid meat altogether. As for the sides, the healthiest option is probably grits, which are there everyday. Pancakes are there on Monday and Wednesday, along with waffles on Friday. Avoid overloading these with syrup, which is high in sugar. Additional egg’s is always a good option, because eggs are high in protein. The potato casserole on Friday’s is pretty delicious.

Theta Fruit Plate

Photos by: recipeshubs.com

This option gives you your daily dose of both fruits and veggies. The chicken gives you your daily protein, as the veggies and salad give you tons of antioxidants. Avoid cheese, caesar dressing, feta parmesan vinaigrette, and tzatziki sauce in order to keep the calories and fat levels down. Pair with a side of tabouleh orzo salad to get some whole grains.

Beta Veggie Pita

Photo by: recipetreasure.com

If you’re a vegetarian, this is the perfect option for you! The filafels are filled with protein and dietary fiber, and they are only 370 calories for 3. Add tons of veggies to get all of your nutrients. Opt for whole wheat bread instead of regular, and avoid sauce and cheese to make this option even better for you. Add a side of Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad to get even more protein.

Alpha Gam Chicken Salad

Photo by: greciandelight.com

Craving some sweet chicken salad, but don’t wanna wait in the line at CSC?? Head on over to Go Greek. The veggies give you tons of nutrients, while the chicken provides you with protein. A perfect combination. Avoid dairy in order to keep it extra healthy. Add a side of fruit in order to cover the fruit section of your food pyramid.

Starbucks

Chocolate Cake Pop

Photo by: tablespoon.com

At only 140 calories per pop, this is a great small, sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. With only 3.5 grams of trans fat and 2 grams of protein, this option is relatively healthy (considering everything else at Starbucks). Just watch out for the 15 grams of sugar.

Petite Vanilla Bean Scone

Photo by: adashofsanity.com

Craving something sweet? Go grab a small scone from Starbucks! It’s only 140 calories and has 5 grams of total fat. It’s a perfect sweet treat and it pairs great with a skinny vanilla latte.

Flourless Chewy Chocolate Cookie

Photo by: yelp.com

Having a sugar crave? Stop by Starbucks and grab this 170 calorie cookie. With 2.5 grams of saturated fat, 2 grams of protein, and 2 grams of dietary fiber, this option is a great pick. Just watch out for the 26 grams of sugars.

Freshens

Oh Kale!

Photo by: Christin Urso

Filled with 14 different raw greens, mango, and pineapple, this smoothie is a perfect mix of fruit and veggie. Only 320 calories are in a small. Filled with antioxidants and nutrients, this smoothie will fill you up. It’s the perfect on-the-go option.

Mango Me Crazy

Photo by: Haley Durham

With only 290 calories in a small, this fruit crazed smoothie is a perfect snack. With pineapple, mango, and a booster, this smoothie is nutrient packed and ready for class. Add kale or spinach to get some greens, and make it skinny for 1/3 of the calories.

Peach On The Beach

Photo by: flickr.com

What I would do to have a smoothie on the beach instead of a smoothie in the Haley Center.. Filled with peaches, strawberries, mango, sorbet, and a booster, this smoothie is full of yum and antioxidants. Add a protein booster for a post-workout pump up.