You may be a dog person or a car person, a fighter or a lover, or a red grape person or a yellow grape person. The fruit section of the grocery store is a war zone for families disputing over which grapes to purchase. Green grapes vs red grapes, which is the best? 

Taste

vegetable, grape, apple
Cara Waterman

The infamous grocery store dispute often stems from the taste. The superior grape stems from personal preference. Red grapes are often considered sweeter whereas green grapes are sourer. 

Antioxidants 

grape, pasture, berry, wine
Lila Seeley

The different color in green and red grapes is caused by the production of anthocyanin in one gene of the grapes. A mutation in green grapes causes anthocyanin to not be produced and therefore, the grapes stay green. Because of the lack of anthocyanin, green grapes do not have as high of an antioxidant value as red grapes. Antioxidants prevent or delay cell damage and are important to keep your body young. 

Menopause Symptoms

grape, wine, pasture, berry
Alexandra R

Red grapes contain a flavonoid called resveratrol. Resveratrol has a similar chemical structure to a synthetic estrogen that aids with menopause symptoms. Resveratrol is also present in red wine and thought to be the responsible for red wine's beneficial qualities. 

Cancer Protection

cheese, wine, grape, dairy, milk, Roquefort, dairy product
Tara Stacy

Researchers believe that many components of red grapes can protect from breast, lung and colon cancer. The "British Medical Journal" found that those that drank a glass of red wine each day had a lower risk of lung cancer than those that drank white wine. 

Manganese

wine, grape, pasture, water
Dorothy Ballowe

Manganese is a mineral that helps develop strong bones and connective tissue. Both green and red contain a large amount of manganese. In fact, a cup of grapes contains 1/3 of your recommended daily intake. 

Here we are, finally ending the age old argument of green grapes vs. red grapes. Although red grapes seem to have more health benefits, it is up to you which grapes you choose.