College is a hectic time for us all. Most days we barely have time to breathe, let alone eat. Make sure to stock your mini-fridge with these foods for a healthy and convenient snack or meal on-the-go.

Fruit

dorm

Photo by Morgan Nagy

Fruit is the perfect grab-and-go snack. Mix your favorite fruits together to make a delicious fruit salad, or grab an apple for a natural source of energy during a study sesh.

Veggies

dorm

Photo by Ali Greenberg

Pre-washed and pre-cut vegetables make a quick and convenient snack to eat on the go. Pair veggies with your favorite dip, like celery and peanut butter or carrots and hummus.

Eggs

dorm

Photo by Isabelle Langheim

Eggs in a dorm room? Believe it or not, all you need is a microwave to cook this breakfast staple. Add some veggies and low-fat cheese for an even more satisfying and nutritious breakfast. Click here to learn how to properly cook eggs in a microwave.

Hummus

dorm

Photo by Kendra Valkema

Full of fiber and protein, hummus is the perfect dip. Pair it with some veggies or a whole wheat pita for a tasty snack.

Milk and Yogurt

dorm

Photo by Morgan Nagy

Low-fat or fat-free milk can be added to your favorite cereal for a satisfying breakfast. Pair your favorite yogurt with fruit for an energizing snack. Pro tip: swap your low-fat yogurt for Greek yogurt, which has twice the protein.

Peanut Butter

dorm

Photo by Alexandra Jubault

Who doesn’t love peanut butter? This super-spread can be eaten on almost anything. Make sure to reach for an all natural brand to cut back on saturated fats. Those brands will also last longer when stored  in the fridge.

Water

dorm

Photo by Alexandra Jubault

Water is a must when stocking your mini-fridge. Drinking water instead of sugary drinks is a healthy choice.

Like this post? Check out these related articles: